SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Weego Jump Starter - someone you know needs one
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weego Jump Starter - someone you know needs one Login/Join 
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted
My mom left the dome light on in her SUV and the battery died. Naturally she needed to get somewhere important this afternoon and needed someone to jump start her car right away! Neither my husband nor my dad were able to go help, so that left me. Earlier this spring I bought a Weego Jump Starter to go in every car in the family, including hers. This was the first time I had to use one and it was ridiculously easy. So much better than messy old jumper cables.

All that to say, a Weego, or some other portable jump starter, is a boringly practical, yet potentially lifesaving, gift for any of the wimmen in your life that drive. They could get themselves out of a jam without having to ask for help from a stranger.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this
We were just discussing this topic yesterday as we planned for trips back to Columbus and Cleveland OH within the next couple of weeks.

We have the old power packs that are part battery pack, light and compressor. The bad thing is they weigh a ton.

I like the looks of the one you posted the link for.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
I have a Noco.
https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GB...gid=pla-449394730282
Great thing to have for car, boat & everything else. Cell phone also.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Noco is the way to go.
Safe-idiot proof.

Posts: 2292 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got my NoCo on sale at Auto Value even cheaper than Amazon. Great so far!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15989 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I've had one made by Battery Tender for a couple years now. It has come in very handy and has saved me a good deal of hassle a couple times.
I left the stereo on too long in my UTV about 6 miles out on a frozen lake 2 years ago while ice fishing. By the time I got ready to leave the battery didn't have enough left to start the UTV in the cold weather.

I was instantly relieved when I realized I had my jump starter with me. Hooked it up and it started instantly. What a relief as it was just starting to get dark. I could have been in some serious trouble.

You are right everyone should have one of these in every car in the family. I need to buy another one or two myself.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8500 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
My son-in-law and I use the Antigravity Micro-Start XP-1 units.Thats two trucks and 2 SUVs. He also has the SPORT Micro-Start for his Indian.
Available on Amazon

Antigravity

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are a ton of these Chinese made jump packs out there. It's like dash cameras, flash drives, computer cables, action cams, and all manner of other consumer electronics. They do work well, though.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I caught the same NOCO jump box as above on Amazon sale for $70 - it will start a car w/o a battery - my wife used it the other day so its simple and easy

Posts: 168 | Location: North of DFW | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's time to give the one's that my local Costo sells a closer look.

Posts: 3462 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a dead battery on a rental car in Florida two years ago, with two youngsters in the car. 1:30 am in the parking garage (after a long day at Disney), and no one nearby had jumper cables.

I lucked out when a guy drove by and I asked if he had jumper cables. He pulled out one of these, and started the rental car instantly (no waiting for the battery to charge). I was sold instantly.

After that incident, I have one in my car, my wife has one, and my mother-in-law has one. Absolutely the best $50 you can invest (or gift).

The one I bought even charges your your phone with a USB port in emergencies.

Cold Ohio winters can be brutal, and I don't want anyone in my family having to wait in the cold for another car to maybe drive by, and then wait for a battery to charge.

Posts: 514 | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do any of these use Low Self Discharge (LSD) batteries or something similar in them so you could leave it in a car for a year and it would still work well?

Posts: 2357 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryan11:
Do any of these use Low Self Discharge (LSD) batteries or something similar in them so you could leave it in a car for a year and it would still work well?

I have ones I purchased from Walmart and try to charge them twice a year during the time change. A few times last winter I had to jump start a completely dead battery on a big V8 and it started it after the 2nd or 3rd try as the battery jump pack I had was left in the vehicle so it was very very cold. Lithium batteries do not like cold but as you use them they start to warm up. To answer your question, even after sitting in my vehicle for months and in the cold the display showed a 95% charge. I hope this helps. God Bless !!!

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3053 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryan11:

Most of the little jump packs (the little ones, not the ones that come combo'd with compressors and the like) are rechargeable lithium ion batteries. Low discharge.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought something similar at Costco and it worked as advertised jumping a car. Mine doubles as a battery to charge cellphones. Came in handy last month with the power fiasco out here.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Yep. I’ve had one in my vehicles for the last 2 or 3 years. You never know when a battery will go bad or when someone will need a jump. Like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Starter...w%2Caps%2C152&sr=8-1

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
Saw and bought one of these at Costco a few years ago for my wife, its dead every time I pick it up unless I charge it monthly.

What is one of these that will not require such frequent charges?

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barndg00:
Saw and bought one of these at Costco a few years ago for my wife, its dead every time I pick it up unless I charge it monthly.

According to the video above the Audew was the best in his test..

https://www.audew.com/Audew-20...isplay-p-100058.html

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
quote:
Originally posted by barndg00:

According to the video above the Audew was the best in his test..

https://www.audew.com/Audew-20...isplay-p-100058.html
Made in China, 30 to 45 days processing time for a purchase.

Are there ANY products like this that are made in the U.S.?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30531 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
From what I understand all battery cell manufacturing facilities are located over seas. Vietnam and China most notably. Batteries and associated devices are only assembled here and that's some not all of them.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8500 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post