SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    John Solomon - new media outlet "Just the News"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

John Solomon - new media outlet "Just the News" Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted
I've been wondering why John Solomon has been so quiet for weeks and weeks.

This is why

https://www.prnewswire.com/new...utlet-300987902.html

Today, award-winning journalist, media commentator, and digital media innovator John Solomon announced the creation of a new media outlet called Just the News, that will address the growing need for fact-based, impartial news and compelling digital content. JusttheNews.com will deliver exclusive news, podcasts, books, polling and video content showcasing some of the most respected and trusted journalists and editors in news media today.

Solomon, who has worked as a journalist and executive for the last quarter century at The Hill, The Washington Times, The Associated Press, The Washington Post, Newsweek and The Daily Beast, has built a reputation on sound investigative journalism that has led to major news exclusives and exposés addressing some of the biggest national stories in history, from the Clinton impeachment and Sept. 11, 2001 terror attacks to the most recent Russia and Ukraine scandals.

Just the News has announced an initial team of senior contributing writers that includes David Brody, the long-time correspondent from the Christian Broadcasting Network; former CNN political director Christine Dolan, whose investigative work on sex trafficking and child exploitation has generated worldwide attention; and Lee Smith, author of the best-selling book The Plot Against The President

very good book by Lee Smith

The site also expects to commission content from a wide-range of national journalists who include Sharyl Attkisson , an Emmy Award-winning investigative journalist formerly at CBS and CNN who currently hosts the weekly show "Full Measure" on Sinclair Broadcast Group; and Peter Schweizer , the best-selling author of such books as Clinton Cash and Secret Empires.

More hires and partnerships are expected to be announced in the next few weeks, and the JusttheNews.com website is slated to launch within the next month, Solomon said.

"True journalism has been on the decline for years as major media companies have built business models that push agenda-driven news, click-bait content and opinion masquerading as fact, fueling mistrust and contempt from the American people," Solomon said. "As the fallout from the recent Russia collusion narrative exposed, journalists today too often rush to get their stories first and then are left to hope they are right."

"Just the News will return to an era when journalists got stories first, but first got them right. We'll deliver fact-based news without an agenda, with a neutral voice and with unprecedented transparency, and trust the readers, viewers and listeners to make up their own minds."

Just the News will aim, Solomon said, to be a "back-to-the-future initiative" where old-fashioned, honest and exclusive reporting is delivered in a neutral voice but through the modern distribution channels of YouTube, podcasting, e-books and social media. And in a twist of old and new, Just the News journalists will offer a Dig Deeper tool on their Web site that allows consumers to see the underlying core materials and evidence that substantiate each of their stories.

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I would pay for this service if they could deliver. I would welcome the opportunity to get facts and not spin and sensationalism.

Posts: 11387 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish them all the success in the world.The fake news media will be displaced one day.Their ratings are in the toilet and if a startup organization gives real unbiased news it will do good.

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Would be refreshing!

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
I would pay for this service if they could deliver. I would welcome the opportunity to get facts and not spin and sensationalism.

I would too.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Bookmarked! Thanks.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post