SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    AL teen turns down 25-year plea deal, gets sentenced to 65 years instead - and laughs
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AL teen turns down 25-year plea deal, gets sentenced to 65 years instead - and laughs Login/Join 
Picture of SigMaverick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
StayFrosty:
I arrested a number of "not at fault" drivers who were legally drunk, but not otherwise at fault in the crash. And the other parties insurance uses the argument that the drinking driver was not in lawful use of the roadway at the time of the crash and so reduces or negates their liability.
And was not at all unusual for me to arrest both drivers out of a crash. And a co-worker once arrested 3 drivers out of the same crash.

Tell me it was a two car accident and I will be impressed Big Grin

--------------------------

I own a bunch of Sigs with Beavertails...

Posts: 937 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
A murder occurred because these scholars cooked up a stupid scheme. It wasn't an act of God. So, who do we blame for this murder? I'm in complete agreement with charging the folks who set these events in motion. It's a really good law.

Posts: 1967 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thawed out,
thrown out
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
StayFrosty:
I arrested a number of "not at fault" drivers who were legally drunk, but not otherwise at fault in the crash. And the other parties insurance uses the argument that the drinking driver was not in lawful use of the roadway at the time of the crash and so reduces or negates their liability.
And was not at all unusual for me to arrest both drivers out of a crash. And a co-worker once arrested 3 drivers out of the same crash.

Thanks for the insight. I'm not condoning his actions. I'm simply trying to understand how others are charged when involved in a situation where felony, death and 25+ year sentences are being handed out.

Posts: 124 | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post