SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    AL teen turns down 25-year plea deal, gets sentenced to 65 years instead - and laughs
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AL teen turns down 25-year plea deal, gets sentenced to 65 years instead - and laughs Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted
www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/07/...tead-and-laughs.html

An Alabama teen laughed Thursday as a judge sentenced him to 65 years in prison for murder and theft after he rejected a plea deal that would have given him 25 years behind bars.

Lakeith Smith, 18, of Montgomery, Ala., was sentenced to 65 years by Judge Sibley Reynolds for “felony murder, armed burglary, second-degree theft and third-degree theft,” FOX8 LIVE reported.

Smith smiled and laughed while being sentenced at the Elmore County courthouse. He had turned down a plea deal that would have recommended he spend 25 years in prison on the charges.

“I don’t think Mr. Smith will be smiling long when he gets to prison,” C.J. Robinson, chief assistant district attorney, said. “We are very pleased with this sentence. Because the sentences are consecutive, it will be a long time before he comes up for even the possibility for parole, at least 20 to 25 years.”

Judge Reynolds said Smith seemed to show no remorse for his crimes during the trial and did not apologize. He also overhead the teen say, “I don’t have time for this.”

“You got plenty of time for this,” Reynolds told Smith before announcing the sentence. “When I called the case earlier you said you ain’t got time for this, so I didn’t know if you had time for this now?”

Smith laughed and said he did not know Reynolds heard his comment.

“You just don’t get it, do you?” Reynolds asked. "He hasn't said I'm sorry yet. He hasn't acknowledged to this court that he shouldn't have done, shouldn't have come around, in fact, his attitude toward this court and life, in general, has been sour.”

Smith’s grandfather pleaded with the judge and the teen to give him a chance to apologize.

“He’s had every opportunity,” Reynolds said. "I’ve asked two or three times today.”

“Are you sorry?” the grandfather asked Smith. The teenager replied that he was.

Smith was charged under Alabama’s accomplice law, “which holds co-defendants can be guilty of murder if a death occurs when they are committing a crime,” the Montgomery Adviser reported.

On Feb. 23, 2015, Smith, along with four other people, broke into two homes in Millbrook. Police responded to calls of the robberies, and the suspects fired at the officer who entered the home they were raiding. The suspects fled the home but continued to fire at the officer.

One of the suspects, A’Donte Washington, 16, of Montgomery, who was armed with a revolver, allegedly pointed a gun at the officer, body cam footage showed. The officer fired at the teenager, killing him.

Smith was charged with Washington’s death despite not firing the shots due to the accomplice law. A grand jury cleared the officer who fired the shots at Washington.

The other suspects, Jhavarske Jackson, 23, Jadarien Hardy, 22 and La’Anthony Washington, 22, entered guilty pleas of “felony murder, burglary and theft” but have not been sentenced yet.

“Standing there in court, I couldn’t help but have compassion for his grandfather, for his family," Robinson said. “Because of his stupidity, they have lost him for 65 years.”

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Lakeith, Jhavarske, Jadarien and La'Anthony????

Seriously?

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With those names you just know those kids were going to be successful at life. They might end up as President of The United States.

Posts: 1496 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Lakeith will enjoy his vacation in Laprison. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Lakeith!! They just threw the “La” in front of the whitest name out there.

That is lalarious!!

I’m waiting for LaJake now.

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
“Standing there in court, I couldn’t help but have compassion for his grandfather, for his family," Robinson said. “Because of his stupidity, they have lost him for 65 years.”

I'm not quite sure what they have lost. Do I lose something when I clean dog do off my shoe?

Posts: 7523 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I read this article yesterday. We shouldn't waste our money. He is not sorry, and he will never be sorry. In his mind he was justified. In his mind we are the joke. No amount of time in prison will change that. He will spend the next 60 years of his life getting fed, clothed, and educated with our tax dollars. That is not a punishment.

He should be taken out back and hung by the neck until he is dead.

We need to stop wasting our time and money on these savages. Him and his ilk are of ZERO benefit to society.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
Lakeith, Jhavarske, Jadarien and La'Anthony????

Seriously?

They done Jafukkedup.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
La'Anthony
The apostrophe is silent.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gene Hillman:
With those names you just know those kids were going to be successful at life. They might end up as President of The United States.

Doubt it. We had one of those recently. Didn't turn out well for the country.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I read this article yesterday. We shouldn't waste our money. He is not sorry, and he will never be sorry. In his mind he was justified. In his mind we are the joke. No amount of time in prison will change that. He will spend the next 60 years of his life getting fed, clothed, and educated with our tax dollars. That is not a punishment.

We need to stop wasting our time and money on these savages. Him and his ilk are of ZERO benefit to society.

Be comforted knowing that since he's going in at 18.....he'll be "bitch of the block" for the 1st 10-20 years. Wink

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Those damn Irish yutes' are at it again!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:
Originally posted by Gene Hillman:

Doubt it. We had one of those recently. Didn't turn out well for the country.

You mean Barry?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Any one of those four POSs could have been Obamas son.

Evidently none of them will ever get hunch backed from carrying brains around.

Aint got time for this? Well, do as much as you can homey. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:

+100000000000000000000000000000000

Until everyone else understands this, we won’t be able to fix our society. Ban guns, ban drugs, make more laws...it’s the hearts of some men that are the problem, it’s that simple.

People like him are a small % of our society. We make excuses for them and allow them to terrorize us over and over. We need to cowboy up and get rid of these types and move forward.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
No doubt it will be like a family reunion for him in prison.

Posts: 5298 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Let's see if I can run some estimates.

65 years @ ~$50k = $3.25m

So the taxpayers are on the hook for ~$4m+ all in to warehouse someone who's net worth to society is zero (at best). Yeah, that makes perfect sense. Roll Eyes

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post

This cretan has none. (that is Gen. George Patton BTW)

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Let's see if I can run some estimates.

65 years @ ~$50k = $3.25m

So the taxpayers are on the hook for ~$4m+ all in to warehouse someone who's net worth to society is zero (at best). Yeah, that makes perfect sense. Roll Eyes
Fixed it for you... Societal net worth: negative $4 million.

Posts: 1817 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw his picture. Within a few days inside population housing, he will be someone's BITCH.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post