SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I Just Don't Get Why You Need Special Glasses
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Just Don't Get Why You Need Special Glasses Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted
To view these Monday.

I've never used them before and I ain't gone blind yet.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
Boo!! Hiss!!

Posts: 2935 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Yes, you should always wear special glasses to protect your eyes when trying to install those little suckers. Can't count how many times they've gone flying on me.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Those are clearly the lunar variety.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
Because the one on the left is out of focus?

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
My kids start school Monday.

Their first day of school has been changed to a half day, because the school system is worried about being sued because some kid looks at the sun and his eyes get burned.

A nation of pussies.

I remember a partial eclipse in the 90s. We went out the back of the gym and watched it for a minute, then went back in and kept playing.

My eyes are fine.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
You'll go blind staring at the floor for 2 hours trying to find the one you lost. Big Grin

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those are Jesus clips.

Posts: 3915 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Nice E style external retaining ring rotor clips. Why would you need special glasses to see them?

Posts: 10932 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I'm ashamed to admit how long it took for the dime to drop...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15223 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I had ordered glasses months ago. Got ten for around $15. My wife is on the "Ask Park City" Facebook page pretty often (I admit, it's actually a good way to see what's going on in the town), and she was on today and noticed tons of people asking where to get these glasses. She ended up selling all but two of ours for $5 a pair in about five minutes. Crazy. I should've bought a couple hundred pairs of these darn glasses.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
OK, I got the specified pair required glasses.

I'm good to go.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Yep, Mars, you are good to go!! And you'll have that nice,
Spearminty feel to your experience!! Cool

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
I'm ashamed to admit how long it took for the dime to drop...

"Dime"? Shoe?

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Many winters ago, when I began my life learning to be a mechanic, we used to call those "Jesus clips." That's because whether putting them on, or taking them off, you invariably found yourself saying, "Jesus, where did that go?!?"

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Like totally E Clips!

Posts: 7453 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
Those are Jesus clips.

+1

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post