SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What are you reading, Sig Forum?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you reading, Sig Forum? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Currently Buffy the Vampire Slayer comics as down time before my next "serious" book.

Posts: 775 | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I just read Between The World and Me. It was required reading for incoming freshmen at the school where I work out. I read it and participated in a discussion with some of the students about it.

Posts: 5616 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Humbug:
HUE, 1968 - by Mark Bowden, account from a 50 year perspective.

Me too, I bought it Friday and read the intro last night. After 9 is when I generally read and I'm looking forward to it.

I was in Hue well after the fight, probably April '68, and I visited there last September with a couple of classmates from The Basic School that were there the night it started.

The discussions with those guys were as horiffic as anything you have probably ever heard.

Any hoo, it's been 50 years, the book can't hurt me.

Posts: 6386 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mech
posted Hide Post
One of the forum members recommended "Going Home" by A. American; I loved the book so much I am now on #3 (Escaping Home" of the 7-books series!

Posts: 1160 | Location: SW Washington, Support Sporting Systems! | Registered: March 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just read
"Sick puppy" and
"Razor Girl"

By Carl Heassen. Great books.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mech:
One of the forum members recommended "Going Home" by A. American; I loved the book so much I am now on #3 (Escaping Home" of the 7-books series!

I've been through several in that series. I really enjoy the story (and this genre in general) but the writing leaves a bit to be desired.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
"The End of the Cold War", by Robert Service.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
I just re-read the Red Rising Trilogy by Pierce Brown. Looking forward to the sequal books out next year.

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1737 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post