SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Holy M.O.A.B.S. viewer discretion advised
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holy M.O.A.B.S. viewer discretion advised Login/Join 
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted
Mother of All Black Spiders. Razz
W.M.D. (Widow Maker of Death) found in my shed. Eek

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Did you use gasoline or briquette lighter fluid?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31432 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
I prefer a good hairspray

Posts: 905 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dEX_RX
posted Hide Post
If my wife ever found anything CLOSE to that on our property, the house would have been burnt to the ground.

I can imagine that would make your hair stand on end when you finally saw it.

NXGen Tactical
CZ P-09 MHS Trials #79 | P320RX-TSS | P320SCR | VP9 LE

Posts: 110 | Location: Central Mass | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
There's one living outside my house. I don't mess with it cuz I don't ever hang out in that area, but if I start to see more they'll get to see how fire works.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
She's cute. Did you take her in and let her feed on you?

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
There's one living outside my house. I don't mess with it cuz I don't ever hang out in that area, but if I start to see more they'll get to see how fire works.

Yeah spiders don't really creep me out I just let them be. I guarantee it's not the only one in there I'm sure she has some recluse friends in there as well. Now if it was in a place one of my family members would go they would be gone for sure.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a black widow that I kept for a while when I was a teenager. I caught her in the woodpile out back and kept her in a jar for about a year and a half before she died.

She was a big sucker, too. Just fed her regular bugs I caught around the house and all that.

(Obviously, spiders never bothered me...lol)

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of callibird
posted Hide Post
I have made it my mission to hunt these. You can usually spot them by the web. I found a few here at work up against the building. Tickle the web a bit and out she comes.

Had a period there where we found TWO in the house recently, one just crawling through the kitchen. Those were dispatched quickly and the house exterminator called. Can't chance them with a little curious one year old boy walking around the house now.

If I think I see one where there might be kids around, I usually try to lure it and kill it.

And, that one looks especially large, but they are quick for the size.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Posts: 935 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: August 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Those suckers are everywhere in this area. Turn over a log or a bucket, there's a 50/50 chance there's a black widow under it. If it wasn't for a couple of hungry little birds that hang out in my barn, it would be infested with them.

Posts: 26899 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by callibird:

If I think I see one where there might be kids around, I usually try to lure it and kill it.

Most definitely. I found one under my daughter's slide once.

Set out once to become the world's greatest procrastinator, but never got around to it
Picture of Fdan
posted Hide Post
Being in the local area, not a problem. They are indigenous and if they don't bother me, I don't bother them. Being on my property or in my home - DRT!

Posts: 1987 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted Hide Post
any money in catching them fer antivenom??

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4586 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Me and a friend hunted them as kids. We kept them in jars.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Too close for missiles, switching to guns.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1953 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jerkyjer
posted Hide Post
caught one in an old house once, found a male and let them at it in a jar. He didn't last long.

when the egg appeared, it was cool until it hatched. Looked like thousands of babies-translucent little demons. I burned them in the chiminea.

Ever since I saw how many come out of an egg, I have no mercy with the BWs. All others can live.

War Eagle!

Posts: 206 | Registered: April 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post