SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    We spent $56 BILLION on foreign aid the wall is only $1.8 Billion!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We spent $56 BILLION on foreign aid the wall is only $1.8 Billion! Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted
Slap a lefty in the head with this data:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...d_States_foreign_aid

Why are we giving all this money away, that we borrow and pay interest on to China????

Interactive map:
https://www.foreignassistance.gov/explore

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Unbelieveable we are giving South Africa aid money.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
Unbelieveable we are giving South Africa aid money.

Not even the tip of that iceberg!

And, yes, why are we giving away everything to, as Trump supposedly said, shit hole countries? We need to stop that ASAP, starting with every freaking penny that goes to the UN. Not just reduce the amount, ELIMINATE IT!!

Then get the UN the hell out of the US.

Seal all our borders, North, east, south, west.

Take the UN building and turn it into something useful, like condos for the folks now living on the streets of that glorious shit hole called NYC.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the 1.8 billion dollar number is a bit low. I've seen estimates as low as 15 billion to as high as 70 billion.

Posts: 7551 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see maybe 4 possibly 5 countries on that list that are friends of the USA. The rest just want our money. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
How much did Omama give to Iran including the secret shipment of pallets and pallets of cash? Roll Eyes

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
I think the 1.8 billion dollar number is a bit low. I've seen estimates as low as 15 billion to as high as 70 billion.

So what you're say is we can pay for the wall 100% out of ceasing foreign aid for between 3.1 months and 14.5 months.

I'm sold.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

So what you're say is we can pay for the wall 100% out of ceasing foreign aid for between 3.1 months and 14.5 months.

I'm sold.

A little bit longer than that. We give some foreign aid that I don't think many of us here would object to. About 3.5 billion goes to Israel. There are probably a few other countries (although none come to mind) where we may get a pretty good bang for the buck.

Posts: 7551 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is sickening at how much we pay other countries for nothing and yet we are in the debt we are.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Diplomacy by cash has to stop. Think of the good that money could do here in our country. Money to time proven allies and genuine disaster relief only.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

I'm sold.

A little bit longer than that. We give some foreign aid that I don't think many of us here would object to. About 3.5 billion goes to Israel. There are probably a few other countries (although none come to mind) where we may get a pretty good bang for the buck.

That's fine slice/dice however makes sense. Cut it 100% for countries that are hostile to us, or hinder our agenda. Cut some other percentage for the rest.

High estimate of $70B, divide that by the rest of Trump's first term, and we have a 100% paid for wall by reducing the foreign aid by $24B per year or about a 40% reduction.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We send Mexico over 400 million each year, so why the mystery on where to get the money for a wall ?

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Foreign aid was one of the most stupid things our government ever did and almost no one seems to really care. No politician is ever serious about stopping it and while people complain, they don't demand that it gets stopped.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3533 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Wait. We give a half billion to Russia.

WTF?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Cut it ALL off! Mad
Every penny.

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
Wait. We give a half billion to Russia.

WTF?

Went in Putin's retirement fund no doubt.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post