SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    AG Barr to testify to House Judiciary Comm
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AG Barr to testify to House Judiciary Comm Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Barr starts laughing.
Yeah, and he sounded like Muttley. Big Grin

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Madeleine Dean is one the most awful people in Washington. Many people after this farce of a hearing were asking, "who the hell is this woman?"

I know all about this idiot because I listen to a lot of Philly talk radio. The Dean of Decency they call her. She's always talking about being decent, particularly in the age of Trump. But y'all see how she is. She's about as decent as a fart. I got a real kick out of Barr laughing at her.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Rep Jayapal was one of the worst. Everything she said was complete bullshit. I wish Barr would have asked during rant. How many people have died in the riots and was there a single injury or a single crime committed during the Michigan protest.

Rep Jaypal was well aware of the fact that the Michigan protest occurred at a State Office Building, not a Federal Building. The Feds had no jurisdiction. The state never requested any federal assistance. She knew that. When AG Barr began to respond by pointing that out, she cut him off. Her "point" that Barr ignores "right wing lawbreakers" while targeting "peaceful" left wingers was pure bull shit.

Posts: 1042 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Rep Jayapal was one of the worst. Everything she said was complete bullshit. I wish Barr would have asked during rant. How many people have died in the riots and was there a single injury or a single crime committed during the Michigan protest.

Rep Jaypal was well aware of the fact that the Michigan protest occurred at a State Office Building, not a Federal Building. The Feds had no jurisdiction. The state never requested any federal assistance. She knew that. When AG Barr began to respond by pointing that out, she cut him off. Her "point" that Barr ignores "right wing lawbreakers" while targeting "peaceful" left wingers was pure bull shit.

My comment wasn't as much about jurisdiction, as much as the mischaracterization of the right protesting while breaking no laws. When the left 'protests' you need to put out fires and treat injuries. False framing and lying.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
another short video of AG Barr from the "hearing"

Barr is a rare mix of a) really smart, b) really knowledgeable, c) amazingly quick to comprehend and immediately respond, and d) having courage to match his convictions

video at

https://twitter.com/DailyCalle.../1288280039809744896

my favorites:

"before or after the fire was put out"

"but I have common sense"

"this body, I'm not sure"

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
How did I miss this nugget from old Hank? Looks like the nitwit practiced his garbage speech for days and still couldn't make it coherent

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
This should be interesting.

Fox News host Mark Levin will interview Attorney General William Barr on Sunday during “Life, Liberty & Levin,” the network announced on Thursday.

The hourlong interview, which will air Sunday at 8 p.m. EDT, is expected to include a candid conversation about the government’s response to the coronavirus pandemic, civil unrest across the nation and a variety of other topics.

Levin recently appeared on "Watters' World" and criticized Democrats for their treatment of Barr during a House Judiciary Committee hearing last month, calling it a "disgrace."

"I've never seen a senior official of any administration ever treated like that," Levin said. "This hearing should have been [about] how do we come together as a nation to put down rioters who were trying to overthrow the country. Marxists, anarchists, whether they're Black Lives Matter or Antifa. But that's not how it works. The Democrat Party is all in on this radical hardcore agenda. And so they're beating up on the attorney general."

During the hearing, Barr clashed with several Democratic committee members who asked him questions only to cut him off when he tried to answer. At one point, he sarcastically described Chairman Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., as "a real class act" after Nadler initially denied Barr a five-minute break.

Levin said Democrats are "trying to soften him up and ruin his reputation when that information comes out" from U.S. attorney John Durham's investigation into the origins of the Russia probe.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/...r-life-liberty-levin

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Since I normally do watch that show, I'm sure I'll be seeing that one. Levin will definitely allow Barr all the time he wants to make answers. The show typically is pretty calm -- no loud outbursts -- unlike many of Levin's appearances on Fox News. (Don't get me wrong -- I enjoy Levin's outbursts!)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post