SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    AG Barr to testify to House Judiciary Comm
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AG Barr to testify to House Judiciary Comm Login/Join 
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
I made the mistake of watching for about 30 minutes. Holy cow, what a shit show.

Crazy to see disrespectful Congress critters accuse Barr of being disrespectful for simply trying to reply, what an absolute waste of time for all involved.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
They haven't proven a thing except that the democrats have no case of anything.

greg stanton used to be a Deputy AZ Attorney General for Legislation, Policy and Strategic Planning. He's never prosecuted anything. He's no more adept than schiff at investigating or prosecuting. He also used to be on the Phoenix city council and later, the mayor of Phoenix. He was as worthless as the mayor, just another career politician.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
This whole thing is pretty gross.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30298 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I didn't watch, but I think Barr not being allowed to respond to anything is a gift to all of us. The media can (and will) run video of the Dem's tongue lashing the man, but the only people that BS will have an impact on are Dem voters who were already going to vote for Slow Joe anyway. I do not however think their antics will win over anyone else. So in the end, the lipstick whores on that committee got their 15 minutes to grandstand, but won nothing important.

Barr probably chuckled all the way back to his office over how stupid these morons are.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't participate in any hearing the dems were in control of. It's always like this, just a stupid waste of time. Every day is a brand new day for republicans. They never, ever learn.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
I watched the last hour or so.

"Cold Anger" would be the correct description of my reaction.

Byron York sums it up:

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
This whole thing is pretty gross.

As noted by everyone else, they asked him loaded questions and gave no chance to answer. I'd love to see him hold a press conference tomorrow or Thursday and blow away everyone of their BS questions.

What complete disrespect for AG Barr, and the office. If nothing else the office deserves some level of respect.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
”Fustercluck”

Typical Dimocrat...

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2081 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Rep Jayapal was one of the worst. Everything she said was complete bullshit. I wish Barr would have asked during rant. How many people have died in the riots and was there a single injury or a single crime committed during the Michigan protest.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
plus wasn't Michigan a state issue ?

for anyone who wants a small sample of today:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1288193715987550208

video at link

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Reminded me of the Kavanaugh hearings. A complete farce. They'd ask him a question and not let him answer. A total sham. Lousy democrat bastards.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
I watched the last hour or so.

"Cold Anger" would be the correct description of my reaction.

Byron York sums it up:

Oh yeah, these are the people we need to fear conquering the world. Roll Eyes This is yet another example of just how retarded these morons actually are. I just watched a 3 minute clip of Hammering Hank Johnson reading (kind of) Barr questions off his iPad. It was not only disgusting, but it was laughable that Johnson couldn't even read pre-prepared questions he'd been given. He's just too stupid.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
"I Thought I Was Supposed To Be Heard": Full Highlights From Barr 'Hearing'

Today's 'testimony' by Attorney General William Barr in front of the Democratic-led House Judiciary Committee was, as the Daily Caller's Chuck Ross puts it, an unmitigated shit show.

Chuck Ross @ChuckRossDC
That was an unmitigated shit show

The session consisted of Democratic lawmakers shouting hyperbolic questions at the Attorney General, then cutting him off when he would begin to respond.

"This is a hearing, I thought I was the one who was supposed to be heard," Barr said at one point.

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) slammed Democrats on the Committee, saying "I don't think we've ever had a hearing where the witness wasn't allowed to respond to points made, questions asked, and attacks — attacks made. Not just in this hearing, not just in this committee, but in every committee I've been on," adding "Particularly when you think about the fact that we have the attorney general of the United States here."

"I want the attorney general to be able to have enough time to respond to accusations and questions asked him, and you guys not cut him off," Jordan added.

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...hlights-barr-hearing

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
"This is a hearing, I thought I was the one who was supposed to be heard,"

I laughed out loud while listening to that.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
when AG Barr asked for a 5 minute break:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1288199179655876608

BARR: "Mr. Chairman, could we take a 5 minute break?"

NADLER: "No."

BARR: "I waited an hour for you this morning. I haven't had lunch..."

NADLER: "We are almost finished..."

BARR: "You're a real class act, Mr. Chairman."

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
when AG Barr asked for a 5 minute break:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1288199179655876608

BARR: "Mr. Chairman, could we take a 5 minute break?"

NADLER: "No."

BARR: "I waited an hour for you this morning. I haven't had lunch..."

NADLER: "We are almost finished..."

BARR: "You're a real class act, Mr. Chairman."

IMO - Barr should've retorted along the lines of, "well, I am taking lunch now and will be back in one hour." At that point he stands up, gathers his things, and leaves.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
AG Barr should have just said he would be back in 5 minutes. It’s not like the dems actually wanted to hear what he had to say anyway. Just political grandstanding and a disgrace to the dignity of how congressional members used to conduct themselves (a loooong time ago). Now, it’s all about sound bites in an effort to regain power - pathetic.

Michael

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I hope he refuses all future "invitations" or subpoenas to appear before this kangaroo committee. He's already been held in contempt (a badge of honor). What else can they do to him. You know he'd write an epic letter in response to Waddler's trying to get him to re-appear.

Posts: 3492 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I checked the Congressional parliamentary procedures manual and it turns out that "reclaiming my time" means "preventing the witness from providing an answer that contradicts my narrative."

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I assumed it means to add time back to the clock.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis