SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My Son and Nephew Beat the Odds (Not Corona Virus Related)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Son and Nephew Beat the Odds (Not Corona Virus Related) Login/Join 
Banned
posted
You know the game show Deal or No Deal?

Well we thought it'd be fun to play with my 6 year old and his cousin. . . for jellybeans.

We had 21 total prizes, ranging from zero to 50 jelly beans.

My nephew went first. With 1 choice remaining, he had the top two prizes on the board - 25 and 50 jelly beans. He declined the offer, and opened his 'briefcase' to reveal the top prize. A perfect game (having the top prizes remaining at the end, and having picked the top prize).

What are the odds, right?

Then my son goes. Same exact thing. I didn't expect him to take any deal. I thought it'd be funny to have him forfeit a good offer to open a low number. But no, he too cleared all of the low ones off the board, leaving the top two remaining, and revealed he too picked the top prize in his briefcase.

One in 21 chance . . hit twice. And even greater odds having kept the top prizes on the board to the end.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
Now try it with Krugerands.....

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1728 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
how does one go about getting on the invitation list? Big Grin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54604 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Sounds to me like the fix was in. o_Ô

Posts: 3375 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
how does one go about getting on the invitation list? Big Grin

Funny. We played again where I was the contestant. We played for minutes. . how many minutes of peace my wife and kid will give me.

No joke. I won 33 minutes. It's been a few days and still have not been able to redeem my prize Smile

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
how long did the jelly belly game take?

I wonder what their initial suit case was ?
4 beans 12? 23?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54604 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post