SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Firearm insurance
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Firearm insurance Login/Join 
Picture of creslin
posted
I'm curious.
Do most folks here have insurance on the gun collections?
If so.... with what company?
What's a ballpark monthly cost?

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1541 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
NRA ... 15000$ coverage 120 +- a yr

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also use the NRA gun insurance, have for years, had one loss paid with no problems.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
https://collectinsure.com/what...s-knives-accessories

NFA friendly, no scheduling, takes 10 minutes on their website to get a policy.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry a rider on my homeowner's insurance to cover a portion of my collection, primarily the stuff that would be very expensive or impossible to replace. I did not feel that strongly about paying to insure all of my Glocks and Sigs.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
no scheduling

Several firearm insurers like to advertise things like "no scheduling" or "not required to provide an inventory/serial numbers" as a selling point.

That's attractive to many people, but that doesn't mean "you don't have to keep any records". It may simplify the recordkeeping process, in that you don't have to report to your insurer every time something changes, but it places the recordkeeping responsibility squarely on the policyholder.

It's incumbent upon the policyholder to keep records of their collection in a safe place (preferably backed up with photos/video, receipts, etc.), in order to prove their collection's contents and worth in the case of a loss.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
quote:

What are the approximate costs of a policy from them?

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Last year, I was quoted a little over $200 per year for $30,000 in coverage. YMMV.

It's a quick process to get an online quote from them.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
There is a recent thread on the subject.

More info here:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...030055714#4030055714

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Last year, I was quoted a little over $200 per year for $30,000 in coverage. YMMV.

It's a quick process to get an online quote from them.

Thank you!

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
I may have to also look into adding more insurance then our Renters policy provides thru State Farm.

I think we are at $10k

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is what I have.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
no scheduling

Several firearm insurers like to advertise things like "no scheduling" or "not required to provide an inventory/serial numbers" as a selling point.

That's attractive to many people, but that doesn't mean "you don't have to keep any records". It may simplify the recordkeeping process, in that you don't have to report to your insurer every time something changes, but it places the recordkeeping responsibility squarely on the policyholder.

It's incumbent upon the policyholder to keep records of their collection in a safe place (preferably backed up with photos/video, receipts, etc.), in order to prove their collection's contents and worth in the case of a loss.

Is that not obvious? I can't imagine not having records on your own stash. All I was referring to was Collectinsure.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ontmark:
I may have to also look into adding more insurance then our Renters policy provides thru State Farm.

I think we are at $10k
Does your renter's policy have a rider? Many of the insurance policies I have seen have exclusions and policy limitations for firearms and jewelry. I've seen 20k policies have only 2400 in firearms coverage,etc. Something to be aware of with renter's insurance (or homeowner's policies without a rider or supplemental policy).

Posts: 712 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
There is a recent thread on the subject.

More info here:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...030055714#4030055714

Damn... I even searched to see if there was another thread about this already..

Thanks everyone for the input!

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1541 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have State Farm, not sure about the cost, it was not much as an add on to our house insurance.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post