SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So a local vw dealer has a new old stock 2015 jetta tdi
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So a local vw dealer has a new old stock 2015 jetta tdi Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
diesel for $26k
2.0 liter auto. Four door. Pretty nice. I know nothing about it. Seemed like a nice deal for a new diesel.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
When looking for new car 2015 we drove one of those and Passat.

While it 'was fine' we didn't like a lot of the features of the body configuration.

It was in the personal "top 5 finalists" but didn't make the cut.

Decided we didn't want diesel car regardless of advantages.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quite a few of my friends have the TDI Jetta's and they all love them. But with the whole mess with VW diesels they are all selling them back. Not sure how that would affect this car but that would be the first thing on my mind.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
*avoid*

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
I did not follow the "whole mess" and frankly I think a vw diesel makes quite a bit of sense. At least on the surface. But I am open to more details on this rig.

Why copefree?

THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
ORC, I love VWs. I have had 2 Passat TDIs. most recent was a 2015 TDI. I regularly got 54mpg. it had a huge back seat. comfortable drive. it was a pig for the first 10 mph, yet once it got going it would rip right along. I dropped it to ge back to the VW CC. The CC is. 4 door sport sedan. 2.0 turbo. Anyways, a TDI is a great commuter car for mileage. VW has stated that there will be no more made for the US market since ths diesel issue they created. For the money its a great deal! Good luck buddy!

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I did not follow the "whole mess"

OK but you have been warned. Start here https://www.vwdieselinfo.com/
but then do a bunch more homework. The stock car has zero chance of being what everyone loves.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
hr, I got as far as "epa" and do not need read more. A vw diesel is good to go in my mind. Thanks though Wink

Thanks Sigguy Smile

posted Hide Post
I thought the only way for that car to be sellable was if it had the "fix". Which hasn't been released yet afaik.

I'd be wary. You may not be able to register it.

We would have kept our Jetta TDI but the buy back money was too good to pass up. Helped pay off a couple of credit cards.

Posts: 734 | Location: Tucson | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Isn't that the one with a $26k rebate from the manufacturer?

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
diesel for $26k
2.0 liter auto. Four door. Pretty nice. I know nothing about it. Seemed like a nice deal for a new diesel.

These are not new Diesels, but 2015 models selling as new for $26K, which was the THEN price in 2015. (I owned one - a 2015 VW Golf S TDI) VW bought it back.

Yes fuel mileage is great, but D2 Diesel is priced at 45-50 cents above regular unleaded gasoline.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes fuel mileage is great, but D2 Diesel is priced at 45-50 cents above regular unleaded gasoline.

That depends on your local market. Today in Michigan, I fueled up my diesel for a price about $0.12 per gallon CHEAPER than regular 87 octane gasoline, and significantly cheaper than either 89 or 91 octane options.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post