SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This is the day. It has gotten light earlier.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This is the day. It has gotten light earlier. Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted
Is there something special about today? I was just asking 2 days back about this day. It has stayed dark untill 8:30 or 9:00 AM. This morning, a quarter to 7:00 it is bright out. Very nice I say. We dont change clocks 'till next month. Howz come it is light so early now?

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
So maybe the dude with the screw gun also has a really bright flashlight?

Posts: 6398 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Rip Van Winkle? Did you happen to look in a mirror this morning Smile

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Weather thingy showed sun rise @ 7:15. It is bright and warmer. Going back up in 40s to mid 50s for next 10 days. Had a beautiful blue Kentucky sky at 6:45. Then it got light out. Maybe signs of a early Spring.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yesterday when I got home at 5, the big yellow ball in the sky was still up. Damndest thing.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Well, are you now on the east side of the mountain ridge?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
You just didn't notice it until now. It's been staying lighter longer for a month.

Posts: 3655 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
^Or two.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
As far as astronomically speaking IIRC 21st june eguals the longest day of year and 21 dec being the shortest day of year. ..... in the middle 70"s on 21st june a softball game played on a ballfield w/out lights having no problem seeing the softball but 1st pitch not thrown till midnight ... But just the opposite on dec 21st you might be lucky to turn off headlights by 9am but having to turn back on by 1pm. This happened in the interior of Alaska (Delta Junction/ Ft. Greely, Alaska) 100 miles east of Fairbanks, Alaska. ................... drill sgt.

Posts: 1952 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
You just didn't notice it until now. It's been staying lighter longer for a month.

Longer than that. It's been getting lighter since the winter solstice on December 21.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Depending on where you live in CONUS you will gain between 40 and 80 minutes of daylight in February.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
My wife and I were talking about this earlier. It seems over the last couple of days the amount of daylight has increased significantly which is fine by me!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post