SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It's amazing what you'll catch on your security camera while you're sleeping
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's amazing what you'll catch on your security camera while you're sleeping Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted
http://nypost.com/2017/07/06/b...ngs-out-for-6-hours/

Link to the direct video. Not Youtube, so not sure how to embed. Long and parts unnecessary. Watch the first couple of minutes than skip to about 33 minutes.

https://video.nest.com/clip/1d...4b1085c8cb115a81c9d6

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
inconsiderate oaf left fridge door open

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
He's also smarter than the average bear. I'm not sure why he hung around so long after he raided the fridge, but I guess it's tough to make coffee when you don't have opposable thumbs.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Wonder what the residents of that house were sleeping off that they didn't notice that bump in the night? Tore down a door? And no one heard a thing?

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
Wonder what the residents of that house were sleeping off that they didn't notice that bump in the night? Tore down a door? And no one heard a thing?

Just think if you heard a noise grab you handgun and go investigate. As you hit the lights you're standing there with a handgun, that now seems like a bb gun, as you look at a huge bear that's hungry.

Sleeping through it may have been the safer option.... Big Grin

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16399 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Authorities believe this is the same bear that had been reported in two other incidents in the area. In one, a homeowner reported that the bear took a bag of M&Ms and a tub of ice cream from a freezer in their garage.

http://www.krdo.com/news/wildl...-with-bear/567042321

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Authorities believe this is the same bear that had been reported in two other incidents in the area. In one, a homeowner reported that the bear took a bag of M&Ms and a tub of ice cream from a freezer in their garage.

Hard to hang on to those M&Ms without opposable thumbs. Wink

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

Would have had to eat the ice cream right away, and save the M&Ms for later, because, you know, they melt in your mouth, not in your hand. Wink

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of djinco
posted Hide Post
That bear was here in town. Quite large, and very fat. He was not a stranger to visiting the freezers and refrigerators in the garages. DOW determined that he was a threat because he was not intimidated by human interaction. He visited a lady as she pulled into her garage last week. In this case two strikes and yogi is a goner.

Cheers, Doug in Colorado

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 648 | Location: Colorado | Registered: February 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:

Just think if you heard a noise grab you handgun and go investigate. As you hit the lights you're standing there with a handgun, that now seems like a bb gun, as you look at a huge bear that's hungry.

Sleeping through it may have been the safer option.... Big Grin
At the former TatorTodd compound in Alaska, there were 454 reasons my bedside handgun would not have felt like a bb gun Wink

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
How in the hell the family did'nt wake up with all that noise downstairs is my question. Shit,I wake up every time my ice maker dumps ice in the middle of the night

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably (luckily) they weren't home when the bear was ransacking their kitchen.

Posts: 1127 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfan Roy:
Probably (luckily) they weren't home when the bear was ransacking their kitchen.
They were home, they slept thru all 6 hours of it

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
We had a bear in Loudoun County in the early 90's that broke into a house while the owners were on vacation.

He destroyed the kitchen and messed up one of the bedrooms.

Several weeks ago, I had one on my lot and luckily I left an hour early. If I had gone back in the field to check one of my camera's, I probably would have run into it. It was about a 250 pound sow without any cubs.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
he was just making sure his porridge was there for dinner with Goldilocks...

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post