SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A Modest Proposal – $500+ Government Payment for Vasectomy for At Risk Males
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Modest Proposal – $500+ Government Payment for Vasectomy for At Risk Males Login/Join 
The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room
Picture of Rigby470
posted Hide Post
Your logic is flawed. I have had a vasectomy, and this is what I know to be true:

1. It MAY not be reversible. Yes, they can reconnect all the plumbing. But the human body tends to stop producing sperm cells if their path to freedom gets closed down. Granted, this doesn't happen all the time. But it does happen in enough cases that it is more than just a coincidence--per my urologist.

But your biggest logical fallacy. . .

2. You are assuming all people have common sense, and given the option to do so will always exercise common sense. History has proven this to be wrong.

========================

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor
NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #13-943

Posts: 1103 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Mandatory vasectomy at 14, for every male.

Upon marriage, age of 21, and full-time employment, vasectomy reversed at the cost of the state.

If the reversal doesn't work, $1,000,000 payout.

We would save billions.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
quote:
virtually painless reversible procedure

That’s where you lost me

But it's probably not cheap so the poor dumb bastards who this would happen to likely would not be able to afford the reversal procedure.

Not like that would take priority over other needed expenses such as the latest iPhones and Air Jordan's...

Posts: 13112 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post