SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A Modest Proposal – $500+ Government Payment for Vasectomy for At Risk Males
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Modest Proposal – $500+ Government Payment for Vasectomy for At Risk Males Login/Join 
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldbill123:
Welfare needs to be capped. No more benefits for having more children

If I remember correctly New Jersey tried this in the 90s and it worked.
Then a new governor was elected and it went back to the way it was in the past.
People were saying the children would suffer but if i remember correctly the birth rate went down.
I worked in a lot of areas where this type of welfare was abused. As far as most of the mothers were concerned if was just another form of obtaining money. In most cases the children never benefited from the extra money these mothers were given.
With all of that said I am sure some children did benefit from the programs offered.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Hero to the left Margaret Sanger already tried this. The sterilizations were OK, but she figured out how to get rid of undesirables both pre and post conception.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EasyFire:

I am convinced that these adult males capable of procreating would embrace the opportunity to collect $500 or even $1000 for a virtually painless reversible procedure and never have to worry about child maintenance.

EasyFire

My experience in this environment is totally different than yours. I remember one fellow telling me about one of his accomplices/interludes "she wanted me to give her a black baby." It's not just men.

Secondly, in that environment, shootin' blanks is just as feminine as takin' it up the ***. Manhood is exhibited by blowing up an uterus.

As a side note, uneducated people also believe, apparently from discussions I've overheard, that you can simply place an order for the sex of the child; like at a restaurant. Most recently, I've heard the disappointment from an early age grandmother that her grandchild was a daughter, but the mom was "doin' okay, anyway."

You're talking about a lower life form.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I suspect welfare queens will prefer males who can reproduce.

Do you think the guy is going to tell the Welfare Queen - "I shoot blanks" or will he say we gots to try harder and more times?

EasyFire

She will find a sperm donor, it's their way of life to have kids as early as possible to get some of that gubmint cheese. No change will happen until you take the incentive to have welfare babies away

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BadDogPSD:
If you can't afford to feed, don't breed. Uncle Sam is NOT your baby daddy.

I'd rather they get rid of welfare.

I'd like it if chocolate cake got me ripped instead of diabetes, but that's probably not happening either.

If we gotta do something (and we do, because there's enough Think Of The Childrens! out there), I'd rather it be something that works. Tossing them money for every new fuck trophy they fart out clearly isn't helping.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Dream on, never going to happen.

Posts: 9505 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Hero to the left Margaret Sanger already tried this. The sterilizations were OK, but she figured out how to get rid of undesirables both pre and post conception.
Without offering any opinion on the merit (or lack of merit) of the OP's idea, I will point out his idea is drastically different than Sanger's. Sanger wanted forced sterilization, which is much different than what the OP proposes, which is offering an incentive to voluntarily be sterilized.

Regardless, I doubt the idea could garner much support, but if any support could be found it would require a similar plan/incentive for women, such as tubal ligation. Without that it would be rejected as favoring men over women.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I suspect welfare queens will prefer males who can reproduce.

Do you think the guy is going to tell the Welfare Queen - "I shoot blanks" or will he say we gots to try harder and more times?

EasyFire

She will find a sperm donor, it's their way of life to have kids as early as possible to get some of that gubmint cheese. No change will happen until you take the incentive to have welfare babies away

Let people suffer the consequences of their own behaviors regardless of how painful it is to watch. If we don't start doing this none of these problems will ever get solved.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Eugenics is eugenics, essentially, whether shrouded in a premise of it being voluntary or not. The goal is the same, one group deciding what's good and what's not and attempting to breed it out of other groups. The problem, of course, comes down to who gets to decide.

No one should be messing around with the most human of personal choices and options : procreation itself. We can't implement intelligence tests, or means tests, or political affiliation tests beforehand either. Such is life, it's problems will never be that "easy" to solve.

But most importantly, don't screw around with someone else's body and choices like that, whether their choice is to have a child or not have one, no choice is ever more personal than that. And it is never anyone else's business nor should it be, laws be damned.

Our government, at all levels, needs to stay the fuck out of people's business in those regards. The man of a given couple barely has any input, given the woman's role in human reproduction, and it's definitely not anyone else business what they do or don't do about it.

The worst travesty in all of this is that there are any laws whatsoever that impose themselves upon the body of another adult. However right minded and well intended such laws are, they were terrible ideas and ought to be reversed, swiftly and permanently.

This includes ideas to incentivize the less desirable elements of society into surgery/etc.

Focus your energies elsewhere.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

Hey, the docs do use aesthetics.
Confused

Well, you do want them to look good. Razz

Posts: 27949 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
But should society in general be responsible for the result of the acts of irresponsible parents?

Safety net,sure, it has to be in place. But when there is a pattern of illegitimate births then what? Is it our responsibility to incentivize them to continue to procreate?

No easy answer here.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8100 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I am convinced that these adult males capable of procreating would embrace the opportunity to collect $500 or even $1000 for a virtually painless reversible procedure and never have to worry about child maintenance.
EasyFire

Back in 1980 a friend of my brother and myself decided to have a vasectomy at 28 years old because he had Krohn's Disease. We tried out best to talk him out of doing this. Two years later he met the love of his life while in the hospital being treated for a flareup and after he was married tried to have it "reversed". After 10 years of trying without even a hint of a pregnancy they ended up adopting, because they really wanted children. IMO you need to reconsider that claim that a Vasectomy is "easily reversed" because it's not, the actual success rate for reversal is pretty poor and gets even worse with every year that goes by.

BTW, don't deny your idea of paying certain folks who are obvious piss poor parent material to sterilize themselves having a positive potential but do have concerns that it could be a very "slippery slope" that could end up with a really negative long term outcome.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

Hey, the docs do use aesthetics.
Confused

Well, you do want them to look good. Razz

I guess I was a bit tired and careless in typing my reply. Frown

EasyFire

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Restrict it as a program for convicts? Get a vasectomy prior to release, get 10K on release?

Posts: 5734 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Turn off welfare, if they don't get a check for the kids, they will start using condoms or other types of birth control.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigcpa:
Secondly, in that environment, shootin' blanks is just as feminine as takin' it up the ***. Manhood is exhibited by blowing up an uterus.

This was my first thought as well. No thug worth his salt would let some Dr. disconnect is balls.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I will point out it only takes one fully functional rooster to knock up a lot of hens. Maybe this approach needs to be taken with both sides of the transaction.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would it change anything if the money was not government? Private donations and a not for profit clinic. All volunteer, no one is forced to do anything , either to have the proceedure or pay for it. Consenting adults involved in legal activities. Privately funded clinics pay former gang members to have tattoos removed (and no, not by cutting their arms off). Of course to be fair the same deal would have to be offered to women. Even at $10,000 the payback would be enormous. I have no idea how much a high risk pregnancy, drug addicted baby, special needs care a
and perhaps social security disability costs society' but some will be avoided undoubtedly. All volunteer, no one has to take the money. It is there choice, they get to decide. No one is forced, no one coerced, no obligation or prohibation for any future decisions. They are welcome to attempt to reverse the proceedure the next day if the want to. What about paying for birth control implants, same rule, no government $, completely volunteer.

Posts: 206 | Registered: January 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Eugenics is eugenics, essentially, whether shrouded in a premise of it being voluntary or not. The goal is the same, one group deciding what's good and what's not and attempting to breed it out of other groups. The problem, of course, comes down to who gets to decide.

No one should be messing around with the most human of personal choices and options : procreation itself. We can't implement intelligence tests, or means tests, or political affiliation tests beforehand either. Such is life, it's problems will never be that "easy" to solve.

But most importantly, don't screw around with someone else's body and choices like that, whether their choice is to have a child or not have one, no choice is ever more personal than that. And it is never anyone else's business nor should it be, laws be damned.

Our government, at all levels, needs to stay the fuck out of people's business in those regards. The man of a given couple barely has any input, given the woman's role in human reproduction, and it's definitely not anyone else business what they do or don't do about it.

The worst travesty in all of this is that there are any laws whatsoever that impose themselves upon the body of another adult. However right minded and well intended such laws are, they were terrible ideas and ought to be reversed, swiftly and permanently.

This includes ideas to incentivize the less desirable elements of society into surgery/etc.

Focus your energies elsewhere.

Exactly.

Vasectomies for undesirables is the start of a slide down a very slippery slope.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post