SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dems annouce deal with Trump on DACA and no border wall
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dems annouce deal with Trump on DACA and no border wall Login/Join 
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted
Multiple sources are reporting that following a dinner meeting tonight with Chuck and Nancy, the two of them raced to make an announcement that the president agreed to DACA amnesty in exchange for border security promises but no border wall.

My thoughts are that if the two of them are making the annoucement then it's probably not true, at least according to their spin.

Instead, what I believe happened is that Trump used them to send a message to the Republicans to get their act together and pass something that's on his agenda. As it is now, agreeing with Chuck and Nan sends a message that the Repulicans are worthless, which is very true based on their track record.

This is more of a high stakes game or 3D chess and this opening move by Trump is not the end all on the issue.

I'm not jumping in with the naysayers who are screaming tonight, "No orange man support in 2020!" I think it's Trump moving his pawns around.

Details will come out in the next few days but the pressure will be on the House and Senate to find some relevant cajones if they want to have a say or in the alternative, they can lose command and control of both bodies and be publically branded as no different than Democrats and then you'll see truer conservatives coming back in following the 2018 elections.

I think this might be a shrewd move by The Donald.

Posts: 4069 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
This was the top national story on the local news here tonight.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
I can't wait for the part where all the winning starts.

Posts: 831 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You haven't been paying attention. Either that or you have a problem with Donald Trump and you're just looking for an opportunity to post clever remarks.

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Let's see what the details are. If he got the wall and all it cost was making the 800k legal it's a good deal.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One thing that came to mind is that Donald may want to make some friends to help deflect the impeachment proceedings at a later date. Interesting to watch, since we can't be sure of what comes next.

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Walker:
One thing that came to mind is that Donald may want to make some friends to help deflect the impeachment proceedings at a later date. Interesting to watch, since we can't be sure of what comes next.

What impeachment proceedings?

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1363 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triggertreat:
quote:

Yes, please tell us what in the hell you're talking about...

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
Gents, let's wait and see what plays out. If anything, the loser book tour of this past week should remind us how lucky we are that Trump is POTUS instead of that nagging witch.

Posts: 2392 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
^^That's true. The winning started November 8, 2016.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
quote:
Originally posted by triggertreat:
quote:

Yes, please tell us what in the hell you're talking about...

-Rob

He's already conceding the 2018 elections to the Rats. That's what. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Being as I'm on a trip and holed up in a motel, I'm watching the news which I don't normally do.

Trump tweets and press secretary pretty much denied ANY agreements, they just talked about it. Dems and media are trying to convince us it's a done deal.

Not so. They lied. Surprise...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Have a link to that?

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Take that silly crap out of here.

Spew that Leftist propaganda elsewhere.

How 'bout I just lock this thing, if we're going to act like a bunch of weak-kneed women for the Leftist line?

There are some confused and ungrateful people who think they are on our side. You'd better take a close look in the mirror and you'd better thank your lucky stars Donald Trump came along, otherwise, you'd have President Hillary Clinton. Ted Cruz wouldn't have won and if you have the facts and you're being honest, you damn well know it. Donald Trump and Donald Trump alone is the reason you don't have President Hillary. If you want something to piss and moan about, you'd certainly have it but for Trump. Figure it out.

There's no cure for the blindness some people have. You can't point it out to them enough to get it through their thick skulls. Donald Trump saved you. End of story.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
Multiple sources are reporting that following a dinner meeting tonight with Chuck and Nancy

Nancy doesn't even know who she had dinner with. You're taking the enemies garbage as gospel. They've been right before just not recently.

We've got the author of Art of the Deal vs Pelosi- Wake up we're winning.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I just love threads that start out with rumors.

Read this: Trump: 'No deal' yet with Pelosi and Schumer on DACA, wall will be built

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
quote:

Have a link to that?

I think you missed my point.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Have a link to that?

I think you missed Trump's point.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Have a link to that?

I think you missed Trump's point.

Umm, I was referring to Mountain Walker, not the President. Roll Eyes x2

Big Grin

Q