SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dems annouce deal with Trump on DACA and no border wall
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dems annouce deal with Trump on DACA and no border wall Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
Multiple sources are reporting...

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16698 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's known as the CNN Gambit

Posts: 107591 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
He mentioned it because I mentioned it and I mentioned it because every time something comes up where there is some new doubt about Donald Trump, someone inevitably mentions Ted Fucking Cruz.

Maybe we should take up a collect and have him checked for WARTS Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Multiple sources are reporting...

Lady night multiple sources reported that but we all know it originated with Chuck and Nan.

Trump had better not cave on this. Dems lie and lie even more when it comes to immigration. They can't be trusted. They will never concede an inch on open borders, DACA, illegal immigrants given full amnesty or border security with grit.

If Donald doesn't understand their history he's a fool. He likes deals but what kind of deal maker is he if he just completely caves to the other side and breaks solemn campaign promises doing it?

Posts: 4078 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, you're lecturing now? You started this thread last night based on rumor. I don't think you're one to lecture the POTUS or us when you jump the gun like this.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh, you're lecturing now? You started this thread last night based on rumor. I don't think you're one to lecture the POTUS or us when you jump the gun like this.

I didn't jump the gun. It was breaking news on more than one site and it wasn't rumor. Chuck and Nan made their statement and the White House pushed back. It wasn't a "unamed sources say..." type of story.

Posts: 4078 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Let me ask you- what did your instincts tell you when you first saw this story?

When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Some should be considered. honorable service in the military should be one exemption. Some of these people came as infants. If after twenty years they made a decent life with no negative marks, then throwing them out is idiotic.

Unlike one President who waved the major wand and legalized them all only to have the flow continue. Neither party did anything about this for decades.

I could care less about a wall. Simply making it economically unfavorable to come here illegally and stop ALL benefits will keep them out.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
When fake tears Chuck is your news source, you might want to consider waiting for a word or two from President Trump before posting. Wink

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12GA:
When fake tears Chuck is your news source, you might want to consider waiting for a word or two from President Trump before posting. Wink

DING!

Q

Posts: 26385 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Let me ask you- what did your instincts tell you when you first saw this story?

The first thing is that based on the president agreeing last week with the Democrats on the debt ceiling, he is willing to go against his party to get a deal done. Donald is impatient and when he wants a deal he think it can be done quickly so I was not surprised to see the Chuck and Nan announcement.

The second thing is that Chuck and Nan are liars and manipulators but since the press stories were first person to them, it's harder to discount, outright, what they said. Spun and twisted by them to quickly get out their version and spin before the WH could to be sure.

The last thing is that the WH didn't say last night, in their first reply, that any deal must include a border wall. It was watered down last night to a more generic border security and unless the WH said something more forceful this morning, I've yet to hear them say that a wall must be built before DACA is addressed.

Democrats always lie to get what they want but Donald made a debt deal with them last week knowing that so it isn't rumor when it's a first person named source. The story might be wrong in the end but it's not a rumor.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Donald is impatient and when he wants a deal he think it can be done quickly so I was not surprised to see the Chuck and Nan announcement
Impatient? Glaciers move at near light speed compared to legislation in Washington DC. How much patience is enough to get this done? Would you have him wait until halfway through his term? Three quarters? Come on.

It seems to me that you're assuming quite a bit here.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
The White House is saying there is NO DEAL with the Democrats on amnesty.
Ann Coulter sends a warning:

COULTER: No Amnesty Is Good Amnesty

Donald Trump is being told that amnesty for “Dreamers,” or DACA recipients, will only apply to a small, narrowly defined group of totally innocent, eminently deserving illegal immigrants, who were brought to this country “through no fault of their own” as “children.” (Children who are up to 36 years old.)

Every syllable of that claim is a lie, and I can prove it.

To see how DACA will actually work, let’s look at another extremely limited amnesty that was passed in 1986.

Farmers wanted temporary guest-worker permits for their cheap labor, so that they could continue pretending that the Industrial Revolution never happened and refuse to mechanize. (And, boy, did that work! We haven’t heard a peep about “crops rotting in the fields” since then.)

The agricultural amnesty was supposed to apply to — at most — 350,000 illegal aliens. It would be available only to illegals who were currently in the country doing the back-breaking farm work that no American would do. Without them, crops would wither on the vine. They were saving us from starvation!

Talk about deserving. Are any Dreamers saving us from starvation?

But instead of guest-worker permits, then-Rep. Charles Schumer — from the lush farmland of Brooklyn — decided to grant full amnesty to any illegals who had done farm work for at least 90 days in the previous year.

That’s pretty restrictive, isn’t it?

In the end, “up to 350,000 farm workers” turned into 1.3 million.

Oh well, what are you going to do? No use worrying — let’s just move forward and get all these people voter registration cards!

This innocent little amnesty for a small, clearly defined group of illegals quickly became amnesty for anyone who applied. The same thing will happen with any other amnesty, no matter how strictly the law is written. (And it won’t be written strictly.)

In the first few years of the agricultural amnesty, internal Immigration and Naturalization Service statistics showed that 888,637 legalization applications were fraudulent. According to immigration agents, “farm workers” stated in their interviews that cotton was purple or that they had pulled cherries from the ground.

Of the 888,637 fraudulent applications, guess how many our government approved. Answer: More than 800,000.

The agricultural amnesty was so carefully administered that not one, but TWO of the 1993 World Trade Center bombers were in this country because of it. (More on that in another column.)

The main problem with the farm worker amnesty, the DACA amnesty or any amnesty is that everyone involved in the entire immigration apparatus is feverishly working, on the taxpayer’s dime, to transform this country into a Third World hellhole. Lawyers for La Raza and lawyers for the government both believe it is their mission to humiliate and destroy white Christian America. (Actually, this country is “biracial Christian America,” plus a few Amerindians and anyone else who assimilated to Western European culture.)

There are multitudes of them, and they will never, ever stop.

Congress could pass a law granting amnesty to any 7-foot-tall, left-handed, red-headed illegal aliens from Lichtenstein — and hundreds of left-wing outfits would instantly set to work, demanding amnesty for witch doctors, cannibals, pederasts, terrorists and the rest of the multicultural universe that makes America so vibrant.

On the other side of the application process would be government immigration bureaucrats who either used to work at La Raza, or hope to in the future.

On the off chance that some particularly risible amnesty application is denied by a stodgy rules-follower in our immigration bureaucracy, that denial will be litigated before a federal judge in Hawaii, then appealed to the Ninth Circuit.

For two decades after the 1986 amnesty, the federal courts were tied up with dozens of class-action lawsuits brought on behalf of illegal aliens — regular illegal aliens, farm worker illegal aliens and still-in-Mexico illegal aliens — challenging every aspect of the law.

Is that how American tax dollars should be spent? On endless litigation, brought by America-hating activists on behalf of people who have no right to be in our country and decided by Democrat-appointed judges? (Who are also America-hating activists.)

And when their work is done, there will be a lot more Democrat-appointed judges because there will be a lot more Democrats.

Lawyers sued over everything — the absence of Creole interpreters, the requirement that illegals have proof of prior farm work and the rare denials of amnesty. Congress desperately tried passing laws that would prevent courts from hearing these cases — all to no avail. Left-wing lawyers just had to pick the right judge, and they won.

In 2005 — nearly 20 years after the 1986 amnesty — the Ninth Circuit was still granting amnesty to hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens who claimed they had been unfairly denied because they were not in the country for the first amnesty. Seriously.

No matter how the law is written, as long as anyone is eligible for amnesty, everybody’s getting amnesty.

President Trump is the last president who will ever have a chance to make the right decision on immigration. After this, it’s over. The boat will have sailed.

If he succeeds, all the p@ssy-grabbing and Russia nonsense will burn off like a morning fog. He will be the president who saved the American nation, its character, its sovereignty, its core identity. But if he fails, Donald Trump will go down in history as the man who killed America.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09...sty-is-good-amnesty/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Simply making it economically unfavorable to come here illegally and stop ALL benefits will keep them out.

I agree. We can substantially disincentivise them via policy alone, no wall necessary.

* No sending money to other countries unless you're legally here.
* No drivers licenses or legal IDs of any sort.
* No anchor babies.
* No healthcare.
* No insurance.
* No banking.
* No school.
* No jobs.

It should be all-but-impossible to do these things and access services unless you're an American citizen or hold a currently valid Visa, and the fact that such things remain available are the primary reason they're still here and still coming.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Maybe that announcement from the God Damned Commies was in the same spirit as when LBJ told one of his guys to let word out that an opponent was having sex with pigs.

"Now, Lyndon, you know that's not true!", the hapless aide replied.

"Of course I know it. I just want to see him denying it," Johnson said.

They hoped the media would paint Trump as not only heartless, cruel but a back stabbing, "go back on his word" guy.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ann coulter needs to stfu. The wench is now calling for impeachment.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
Simply making it economically unfavorable to come here illegally and stop ALL benefits will keep them out.

I agree. We can substantially disincentivise them via policy alone, no wall necessary.

Like Greg Gutfeld said, President Trump is the wall.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
President Trump is the wall.

It's what he ran on. The "big, beautiful wall".
We should build the wall.

But the Republicrats don't want a wall or border enforcement. Ronald Reagan agreed to amnesty in exchange for border enforcement in 1986. How did that work out?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I'll believe Trump tweets over that boob Pelosi and slimy Schumer.

hey - don't call Pelosi a boob - thats unfair to boobs

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53180 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
President Trump is the wall.

It's what he ran on. The "big, beautiful wall".
We should build the wall.

But the Republicrats don't want a wall or border enforcement. Ronald Reagan agreed to amnesty in exchange for border enforcement in 1986. How did that work out?

The President has given them a golden opportunity to redeem themselves, but they are progressives and won't take advantage of it.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post