SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2nd amendment reporting
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2nd amendment reporting Login/Join 
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted
I feel like I woke up in the twilight zone.

One of the local TV station's morning show reported on a planned 16 minute school walkout by students in support of the 2nd amendment in FL and up to 40 other states. Not only did they report on it, they did not apply any particular slant to the story. Usually these things get ignored by the media.

A short time later they had an in-studio interview with the author of the book "Shots fired - Myths about police shootings" which debunks and explains events surrounding various police involved shooting. It was a good interview that actually did a good job of promoting the book. (Spoiler alert: apparently Ferguson was not due to a crazed racist cop on a killing spree)
I have no idea if the book is worth a read or not but that they promoted this type of book was surprising.

And while not 2nd amendment related, as I type this they are reporting that the judge just sentenced Donald Smith to death following the jury’s recommendation. He is the sick bastard that, after being out of jail for 21 days, abducted a young girl from Wal Mart, raped and then killed her.

It’s shaping up to be a good day.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3851 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Excellent news (pun!)!

Is there a link to the TV station's story?

Posts: 15893 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Sorry, the stories themselves were not my point so I did not link them. Here is the shots fired interview. I watched it again as I was not focused on the tv when it was on and it sounds like it might be a good read.

Shots fired interview

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3851 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post