SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Alternatives to PayPal???
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alternatives to PayPal??? Login/Join 
posted
Is there a gun friendly choice for making & receiving online payments??

Posts: 809 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why does PayPal have to know what you're purchasing. I think most of the problems stem from when people put what the money is for in the memo section. Put gift or just leave it blank.

Posts: 3874 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Or just send payment with the online person-to-person tool available with virtually every checking account app these days.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Zelle is easy and free. It partners with most larger banks and works with all banks. It is easy and free.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I thought all the cool kids used Venmo nowadays.

Though I guess they're also owned by PayPal.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig77:
Zelle is easy and free.
I'll second this. I used Zelle when I was in the crashpad. Pay someone once or set up repeating payments...easy-peasy.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Zelle. Their is no real good reason to use PayPal anymore for anything. Zelle or an actual credit card transaction is all I will typically use now. No need to keep rewarding PP for their short sighted and overtly political opinions and practices.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Cash app. Stepson sends me his car payment and insurance payment monthly. Super easy to use and transfer. No fees.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Zelle pay. My bank (Chase) has it right on my online banking website. A customer of mine uses this to pay me monthly, and they don't take any fees or anything. It seems the most legit and solid without hassle.

Venmo is another way, and is very very popular with people in South Florida, it is an APP and I use it for small transfers (under $200) but for larger amounts (over $500) I've heard it's a pain and they hold the money for days and so forth.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I use Zelle to send my daughter money all the time. It’s instantaneous and we’vebhad no problems

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Zelle is not exactly firearms friendly. Per their user agreement "You agree that you will not use the Service to request, send or receive money related to any of the following: Firearms, ammunition or other weapons;". Now it does not say anything about accessories like magazines.

Posts: 1217 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Do you want to just send money to friends/family?

I use Venmo to send money between friends but as far as I know, it doesn't have the protection like Paypal for buying stuff from strangers.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
Why does PayPal have to know what you're purchasing. ... Put gift or just leave it blank.

Because if you do it as a "gift" you have no buyer protection. You might just as well have sent cash, or a check made out to "cash," in an envelope.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've used paypal to purchase a lot of firearm related items, and firearms.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
currently paypal free, because paypal does not like my business, odd since they asked to be part of it,,

anyway, 3rd account locked, so looking at alternatives before I set up another savings account and new paypal acct,

from what I have read online, Ebay is no longer happy with paypal, and may be setting up alternatives

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
US Postal money order(s) or certified bank check works for me. I won't deal with Paypal or anything like it. The so called convenience isn't worth it.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
US Postal money order(s) or certified bank check works for me. I won't deal with Paypal or anything like it. The so called convenience isn't worth it.

While I certainly agree with you in principle, I have serious issues RECEIVING such payments... not because there's anything wrong with them, but because the postal route carrier in my neighborhood doesn't have a clue how to put the correct mail in the correct mailboxes, so my mail often ends up somewhere else, and I'm constantly getting other neighbor's mail.

How often do I never receive something important? I have no idea because not too many folks will bother writing a correction on the envelope and putting it back in their box for re-delivery! What I DO know is I'm often told I was mailed something that I never received, so therefore I avoid receiving payments via mail whenever possible... unless the sender is willing to pay extra for tracking and delivery services! As much as I'd prefer to not support PayPal, I do use them fairly frequently, but ALWAYS in "gift" mode so they receive nothing out of the transaction!

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4550 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Venmo is owned by PayPal.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:

when you have an Ebay Store, and sell a good bit on it, paypal is the necessary evil,

as mentioned, PayPal locked my account,
used it only on ebay, never used it outside of ebay with the exception of paying some postage a couple times (click n ship was having CC processing issues) and bought a book from overseas,,

dealers (FFL's) that have PayPal accts are supposedly having issues as well,

I've moved a bunch of parts to gunbroker (All ebay legal) but the volume is better, and prices usually better, on ebay

so, paypal killing my acct for basically nothing but a political stance has hurt my business, but there is no alternative readily available thru ebay,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've started using Zelle. It's easy and free. It has as much 'buyer protection' as sending a money order. Much faster.

I deal with people who have well established reputations and history so I'm not too concerned.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post