SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Strange Email from GunBroker
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Strange Email from GunBroker Login/Join 
posted
I put a bid in on a gun on GunBroker \at 8:27 last evening. The bid went through.

This morning I found and email supposedly from GunBroker received at 2:52 AM advising I had not completed the bid. The sender was GunBroker with a R in circle like REGISTERED TRADE MARK.
I checked my GunBroker account and bid was in place.
I think this is a scam.
Anyone else have issues with GunBroker emails like this ?

Posts: 134 | Location: HENDERSON, NEVADA | Registered: December 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
I've purchased 3 guns off GB in the last 2 months and never had an issue or any email other than ones confirming my bid.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6705 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
I would ignore any e-mail and just go with what you get when you log into your account.

I'm speaking as a guy who gets about 40 spams a day with various angles on scams, thanks to those jerks at Linked in who leaked my info.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^
Yes.

When you log in you will see the status of the auction. If you failed to complete it, that should be showing, and you should be able to finalize it without any trouble.

I do not recall the time frame, but you have, *i think* three days to make payment or arrangements.

But you bring up a good point, and that is never reply to an email like this without first calling and checking with the sender, or loging in and checking your account from a fresh browser session, and never from a link in the email, (as often that URL is not the same as the text in the link.)

Some of this is "Captain Obvious" to many people, and others have never had cause to "become educated".

Smile

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have also gotten that email. I just delete it. What's on the auction is accurate.

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
I only bought one gun off GunBroker, bid on several others and never got an email like that.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I send inquiry to Gun Broker will see if they respond and will post of they do

Posts: 134 | Location: HENDERSON, NEVADA | Registered: December 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Not a scam.

If you were in the process of placing bid, and, for whatever reasons were distracted into doing some other tasks elsewhere, and never completed the bid, their system will remember that as an incomplete bid. It doesn't matter if you actually went on later and place and complete your bid this time. The original incomplete bid is still in their system, and it will send you a reminder. Just ignore it.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post