SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    One QUICK SUV!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One QUICK SUV! Login/Join 
Picture of cparktd
posted
The 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk has just dethroned the Bentley Bentayga as the world’s most powerful SUV.

After years of speculation, the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk has finally debuted with the same 6.2-liter supercharged Hemi V8 in Dodge’s Hellcat models. This means the SUV has 707 horsepower and 645 pound-feet of torque and is able to get to 60 mph in just 3.5 seconds, which is not only impressive for an SUV, but impressive even by sports car standards. The Trackhawk does the quarter-mile in 11.6 seconds at 116 mph and tops out at 180 mph.

The better half could trim some significant time off her grocery shopping runs with this one. Big Grin

Priced in the mid $80s it's not too bad, but I guess I'll still pass on it...

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-...eepForum.com20170413

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Can pass everything but a gas station Wink

Posts: 13811 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I expect we'll see a few of those with the tires pointed in the wrong direction...

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
the Bentayaga was a huge flop. They're amazing to drive but bentley overpriced by 100k dollars, only seats 4, terrible on gas, the Urus is going to be 50-100k cheaper.

These jeeps look awesome. The new SRT is a great truck except for weak engine internals.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I love the Grand Cherokee....I just hate the way they mounted the sensors for the forward-looking radar. Ruins the front end for me.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
It's nice, but in red? Serious?

Pearl white for me. Debadged as well.

What is the lens in front? A camera?

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1986 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I've got a '15 Grand Cherokee High Altitude with the V8 -- and I think it's pretty fast Big Grin.

I've been following the rumors on this beast and I may have to trade my '15 in. I'd love this.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
If they had released this thing 2 years ago, I'd own one already.

Oh well, times change, situations change, so hello Ford Escape 2.0L... with a tune.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Priced in the mid-$80s, it's not that much more expensive than the already overpriced Grand Cherokee, relatively speaking.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
I really like the color "Arrest me Red"

Posts: 5301 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine would definitely be in Arrivederci Red. Not so much an homage to the great Mario Andretti, rather, as in arrivederci to my bank account and likely my driver's license.

Very nice!

Posts: 282 | Location: Central PA | Registered: November 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sure the build quality and parts availability will be superb.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jezsuiz
posted Hide Post
Friend of mine had a SRT Cherokee. Traded it in within a year, had to take for repairs about 6 times.

Posts: 556 | Location: NE not new england | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The lens in the front is for the active cruise / collision avoidance system. 3 years with a 2014 SRT, no problems.

Unbelievable on the track, SUV's shouldn't be able to perform like this.

Posts: 694 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rsd1220
posted Hide Post
The Bentley looks pretty bloated and corny. This SUV screams bad-ass. Even the regular Cherokee SRT looks better.

That said, if I were in the market for a fast SUV, it would be MB GL63.

__Phase plasma rifle in the 40-watt range__

Posts: 1113 | Location: Pangea | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Still a Fiat.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Can pass everything but a gas station Wink

And the mechanic...

and the parts store...

Posts: 2935 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
This one is faster.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BDA220
posted Hide Post
It's all fun and games until it drops a valve seat. Hopefully still in warranty..

"Strange days have found us, strange days have tracked us down." JM

Posts: 807 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post