SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    "I'm Feeding the Dog"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"I'm Feeding the Dog" Login/Join 
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted
I was telling the boys that our furnace was on the fritz, when the youngest says, "I'm feeding the dog."

Huh? What does that have to do with anything?

Oh, wait. The house rule is, "He who feeds the dog gets the dog that night." A dog under the covers is marvelously warm.

Smart kid. He immediately saw the problem's solution and seized it.

I guess I'll be wearing wool socks tonight.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Cook some bacon after your son goes to bed. The dog might find a new favorite human who gives him bacon and smells like bacon.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Our two beagles are hotly contested each night. They used to sleep next to Mrs. Gear exclusively, but now like to stay with the kiddos frequently. And yes, they make great space heaters.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Cook some bacon after your son goes to bed. The dog might find a new favorite human who gives him bacon and smells like bacon.

This^^^^^^

I cook bacon every Sunday morning with breakfast. The cats go crazy as soon as they smell it in the oven. They always get a few bits.....

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:

If you’re the kinda Dad that has to one-up your kid at every turn, this is a fantastic idea. At least the dog will love you.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
If you’re the kinda Dad that has to one-up your kid at every turn, this is a fantastic idea. At least the dog will love you.[/QUOTE]

Or the son will realize Dad is smarter (for now) and should pay more attention to what he does.

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will it soon be a "Three Dog Night".

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ewills:
Or the son will realize Dad is smarter (for now) and should pay more attention to what he does.

If you aren't already making that impression without pulling the rug out from under their feet, then I guess you need to make sure you've got a dog that loves bacon. Seems to me Fenris has his head straight about this one, the youngster drew a decent conclusion without trying to screw anyone over.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys/girls never have nor will sleep with a dog, not in my bed. I'll go for the warm woman of the house and comforter. While our dogs are part of the family they are still animals plus they have their own beds to sleep. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:

If you aren't already making that impression without pulling the rug out from under their feet, then I guess you need to make sure you've got a dog that loves bacon. Seems to me Fenris has his head straight about this one, the youngster drew a decent conclusion without trying to screw anyone over.
I guess I should've put emoji's on my smart aleck post. Big Grin By all means, please continue to take my comment seriously Big Grin

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:

I guess I should've put emoji's on my smart aleck post. Big Grin By all means, please continue to take my comment seriously Big Grin

Might’ve helped, yeah, lol. Ridiculous as it seems, some of us grew with shitty parents. Big Grin

Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
Everybody loves bacon. What could go wrong?

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
Smart kid. He immediately saw the problem's solution and seized it.

Nice job, young Fenris. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13501 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
When I lived in Minnesota, I had a pair of Burmese cats – brothers. Burmese have a nearly dog-like affection for people. And they’re quite hunky critters. When I went to bed in the winter, they’d paw their way under the covers, and make their way down to the foot of the bed. Marvelous foot warmers! Body temp: 101.5 °F!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8953 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post