SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2017 Focus for $15k?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2017 Focus for $15k? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:

Get some good wax on that car. Honda accord paint is thinner than a Stephen King movie. Just looking at the paint hard enough will scratch it.

I have already found that out the hard way. The glass is also super soft. Literally the only thing I can complain about, besides rev-hang but that's a problem on any new manual trans car.

Its such a great car. We get 34mpg on highway trips. The 6-speed shifts beautifully, handles well, is quick for what it is.

I compared it to the first gen Acura TSX when I got it and people laughed at me. The original TSX is looked back upon favorably by almost everyone. The Accord sport is bigger, lighter and faster than the TSX though.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My interest was mainly price point based. A small hatch is not my primary choice for a car. No stick means no ford, as I have heard those trans rumors before.

Primary choice for a car is Premium trim WRX, sunroof delete and upgraded stereo. About $33k sticker. Been waiting for them to bring back the hatch wrx.
Like DSGrouse's RS, but 10k cheaper.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2747 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
My interest was mainly price point based. A small hatch is not my primary choice for a car. No stick means no ford, as I have heard those trans rumors before.

Primary choice for a car is Premium trim WRX, sunroof delete and upgraded stereo. About $33k sticker. Been waiting for them to bring back the hatch wrx.
Like DSGrouse's RS, but 10k cheaper.

For $15k with a stick, you aren't going to do better than a Honda Accord/Mazda6.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I would avoid the current generation of Focus with the auto transmission as it seems like they have had nothing but trouble with them. Manual seems fine, but I think that hurts the resale value as less and less people know how to drive them.

Posts: 33853 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post