SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    400 lb Bear in your Bedroom!! What would you do?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

400 lb Bear in your Bedroom!! What would you do? Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newmexican:
quote:
Originally posted by the_sandman_454:
I'm fairly confident 6 rounds of .454 Casull in my readily accessible hand cannon should do the trick. I'd be awake and ready to deal with it thanks to the dogs going nuts if it tried to get in, or likely even got close to the house.
Came in to suggest some .454 medicine. Mine only has 5 shots so I need to make them count.
When I lived in Alaska, I had my 454 snubbie ready to go with Buffalo Bore and kept Brenneke Dangerous game slugs on top of the safe. Everything I keep in the bedroom in Texas would just piss off a bear so I'm screwed unless I put a round through the eyeball. The good news is that the bear population is tiny here (2 of 3 species are listed as endangered and 3rd is on the federal threatened species list) so I'm not changing.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Huffman:
It'd be a flashback to my first wife. I'd probably slap it on the ass and ask if she lost weight.

Took the words out of my mouth Wink

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Do you think the "Chak-Chak" speech would work?

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I would try and leave, but I'd probably shit myself lifeless before I got very far....

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2086 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
At that point its the bear's bedroom, not mine.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:
Do you think the "Chak-Chak" speech would work?

Only if the bear can laugh maniacally.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
point the ruger and scream like 20 cheerleaders on a rat farm,
( its worked before)

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post