SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    400 lb Bear in your Bedroom!! What would you do?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

400 lb Bear in your Bedroom!! What would you do? Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Leave. Quickly.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Old Bearclaw to Jerimiah Johnson, you skin that one Pilgram and I will get you another one.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1321 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm fairly confident 6 rounds of .454 Casull in my readily accessible hand cannon should do the trick. I'd be awake and ready to deal with it thanks to the dogs going nuts if it tried to get in, or likely even got close to the house.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I don't even wake up for indirect fire attacks on the base. Damn bear isn't going to stop me from getting my valuable sleep. Big Grin

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I've got an AR pistol w/20 round mag just next to the bed....soooo I'd like to think I'd give him all 20 rounds before he ate me or the missus...

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bear hug?

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
So what would you do if you woke up and found a big one in your bedroom?

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jack32586
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to figure out how a bear could get to my house....UBER maybe. Then sneak around the Doberman, disable the alarm, defeat two deadbolts on solid doors. I guess I'd ask that smart sumbitch "How may I help you" since shooting while a screaming female attempts to climb over me seems a little questionable.

Lived in Montana for a few years. Grizzly bears are a different story -that would be all shooting. I've hunted bears for a long time, killed a bunch, both in MT and CA. Black or Griz, you CAN kill a bear "dead right there" but stopping one at 10 feet, with a handgun, from a suprise.... wouldn't wanna try.

Posts: 203 | Location: S/W Florida | Registered: October 10, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Toss him an empty Vaseline™ jar.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Seems a bit early to have the bruins coming out? It has been pretty warm here in Colorado though.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ragnar:
Ever screwed a bear? Just keep going till the bear gets tired!

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shit, now I need to keep the g29 in the night stand

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
It'd be a flashback to my first wife. I'd probably slap it on the ass and ask if she lost weight.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was backpacking one time, and in the middle of the night a bear walked on top of me. I woke up and saw the little guy running away. My foot, stomach, and hand hurt, so he was probably not heavy enough to do damage while walking on top of me.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Offer him a bowl of porridge

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Huffman:
It'd be a flashback to my first wife. I'd probably slap it on the ass and ask if she lost weight.

Whoa! Lol. That's harsh! Nothing but happy memories, I see.

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Well, if I were a millennial, undoubtedly I'd bust out my phone and open up Snapagram so my last moments could be broadcast on infinite loop for all my friends to see.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by the_sandman_454:
I'm fairly confident 6 rounds of .454 Casull in my readily accessible hand cannon should do the trick. I'd be awake and ready to deal with it thanks to the dogs going nuts if it tried to get in, or likely even got close to the house.

Came in to suggest some .454 medicine. Mine only has 5 shots so I need to make them count.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
. . . what would you do . . .

If you're smart you'll agree with the paint color she picked out for the kitchen.

Oh. . . wait . . . not that kind of bear?

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post