SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Deputy Pulls Teenager from Burning Wrecked Car
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deputy Pulls Teenager from Burning Wrecked Car Login/Join 
Picture of John Steed
posted
Here is the video:Video

Link to story:
Link

The kid would have been toast if not for the Deputy's swift and courageous action.
Don't hold your breath waiting to see this on the national news.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2084 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
The reporter in the news video link said the driver weighed 240 pounds. Nice work by the officer. Really nice audio, is it being picked up by the officer's mic?

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
And it was nice to hear the kid say thanks a number of times.

Posts: 2545 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9x18:
And it was nice to hear the kid say thanks a number of times.

Probably a good kid, just being stupid, and realized he would have burned to death if not for that cop. Great video.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
God bless that Deputy.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
I am surprised to see a news crew covered it. Good on the Deputy for doing his job, and not flinching when he could have

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
The driver, an 18 year old male resident of Orion Township, who was 6’2 and 240 lbs

Deputy had to have been very strong!

Posts: 13111 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Wow, so the police sometimes do good things. Who knew! {sarcasm}
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
This is great. Officer deserves a medal for Above and beyond the call. 99 out of a 100 would have never tried it.

As an aside I saw an Old Dominion truck in the background while the reporter was making his comments, my Dad worked for them for over 30 years.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Good on the officer for pulling the kid free.

I find the news reporter's coverage strange. Why do a news report from the street outside the news station which has nothing to do with the story? IMO, either do the news report from the scene or the studio.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post