SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    USPS comes through ~ 3.5 months late (: - o)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USPS comes through ~ 3.5 months late (: - o) Login/Join 
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted
Guitar strings I ordered November 22nd 2016 were delivered yesterday, Saturday 18 March 2017. All the way from Flushing NY.

I get text and email alerts as Priority Mail items (or anything with Tracking) moves through the system, and had been wondering what was coming.

Musician's Friend already replaced the "lost" shipment of D'Addario EJ19 Bluegrass Medium guitar strings. Rather than call the vendor, I returned Karma today by picking up a guitar player with all his kit at a bus stop this morning, and I took him to his destination: a prime busking location outside the Philadelphia Flower Show.

Now if my Christmas Karma Cash from David T & Windhover likewise arrives, I'll have to do double duty returning Karma. Maybe bring the bluegrass group to a retirement home Smile

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
The horse took to a fever and had to rest for a few days. The rider was then delayed by the smallpox and cholera outbreak. Once they repaired the bridge over Little Foot River it was good to go.

Posts: 1516 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish I knew what was going on with the USPS lately. I have had three packages over the past four months go missing completely (each would just stop tracking after a given destination point); one from China that was to be a son's gift for X-mas, and which was ordered mid-October finally arrived a couple of weeks ago out of nowhere. Sadly, UPS and FedEx have been off, too, though not to that degree. Those two have just delivered way past their due dates.

Posts: 237 | Registered: January 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I generally don't have a problem with USPS. I'm a little unhappy with them right now because they said a package of mine was (as of 0349 Friday) "In transit to destination" but also "Expected Delivery: Friday 17 March 2017". I want my new GORUCK gear, damnit.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deplorable_Dixie
posted Hide Post
I recently had my credit card information compromised, so my bank sent me a letter Feb 22 informing me that I would receive a new card within 7-10 business days, and my old card would be cut off by that time. Well my card cut off last weekend. And guess who still doesn't have a new credit card? My bank said they sent it out on Feb 24 and it has been over 10 business days. So they have resent me a new card.....And still waiting.

I blame the USPS. Because for the past 2 years my family has tried to send me cards for holidays and what not...And half of them get returned. My grandmother put the returned envelope in a big manilla envelope and sent it to me USING THE EXACT SAME ADDRESS, and I got that one.

If I knew who to complain to I would...

Posts: 59 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me too, same thing.. 9 days to travel 30 miles.. USPS First Class..

Posts: 468 | Registered: July 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
Got a bill once 11 months after it was post marked..........so there's still a chance you'll get the strings Razz

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4818 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post