SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Starbucks to Close 8,000 Stores for Racial Bias Training
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Starbucks to Close 8,000 Stores for Racial Bias Training Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Listened to WPHT Philly, today. The Uber progressive Mayor, advised this Chief of police, to issue a full apology, today.
So these poor Black "Victims" are in line to collect Huge $$$$ from BOTH Starbucks AND the City of Philadelphia!
Lottery Winners!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Notice how the progressives inch closer and closer to the Red Guard. Two black loiterers are sent on their way-- PC violation of the greatest magnitude! Shut down 8,000 stores! Starbucks execs publicly whip themselves. Re-education for all involved!

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
They should close them and not bother to reopen

Posts: 729 | Location: Middle (of nowhere) Georgia  | Registered: December 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
Notice how the progressives inch closer and closer to the Red Guard. Two black loiterers are sent on their way-- PC violation of the greatest magnitude! Shut down 8,000 stores! Starbucks execs publicly whip themselves. Re-education for all involved!

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
I guess I'm confused. Isn't Starbucks a pretty leftest place? I'm assuming most if not all of their employees lean this way.

And aren't the leftest the ones that are accusing others of being racists? The ones preaching tolerance and acceptance to everybody else?

So why do they need a day of training? How can they have committed an act of racism so egregious that so many people need to attend reeducation camp? From the way they act they are already experts on the subject. So which is it? Do they know so much they can tell the rest of us how we need to act, or do they know so little they need to shut up and get trained?

^^^ Winner!

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know about in my area where there aren't too many homeless nearby to the starbucks. But if you announce that your policy is that you can 'visit', use the restroom, get good internet, never have to buy anything, and can stay as long as you like exactly why are these not now going to be homeless shelters?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
So.....

Where are the millenial leftists out picketing Starbucks for alleged racial discrimination??

Maybe "black lives matter" except when that collides with my morning venti latte' macchiato fix.

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I like seeing them eat their own.

But not really in this case, since they need their poopy soy gluten free quad shot dose of caffeine.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I heard a rumor that Starbucks serves black coffee. Now if that isn't racist, what is?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Anyone see Matt Walsh's column about this? It is pure GOLD.

https://www.dailywire.com/news...ot-racism-matt-walsh

I've been reading through that report and it's apparent that thhe guy is an unstable, mentally ill bully who believes he can do and say whatever he wants to anyone at any time. For a report like that to come out of the state of Californa is remarkable. It appears that the person or persons responsible for that report actually looked for the truth and stated their actual findings. Incredible.

The guy is an asshole of the first order. Just skim the report. you'll see. He should have been canned years ago.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:

A baffling story of so-called social “justice” becomes even more incredible as more detail is revealed. Welcome to the 21st century in America

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:

https://www.dailywire.com/news...ot-racism-matt-walsh

I've been reading through that report and it's apparent that thhe guy is an unstable, mentally ill bully who believes he can do and say whatever he wants to anyone at any time. For a report like that to come out of the state of Californa is remarkable. It appears that the person or persons responsible for that report actually looked for the truth and stated their actual findings. Incredible.

The guy is an asshole of the first order. Just skim the report. you'll see. He should have been canned years ago.

A story that will never be widely known. Starbucks is in panic mode, the police are backpedaling, and the media is reaping the strife.

343 - Never Forget

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
My wife is a teacher, so gets Starbucks gift cards for Christmas, end of year, ect. We give them away so Starbucks doesn't get pure profit out of it, but I will not go in there even for free coffee.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Funny, I seem to recall stories about Starbucks employees refusing to serve cops over the last year, and in Sept, 2015 a Philly Starbucks refused to let an officer use a bathroom without a purchase yet no company wide action.

343 - Never Forget

No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Funny, I seem to recall stories about Starbucks employees refusing to serve cops over the last year, and in Sept, 2015 a Philly Starbucks refused to let an officer use a bathroom without a purchase yet no company wide action.

Typical liberal double standard. Roll Eyes

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I have drunk a whole lot of coffee in my lifetime.

Brewed in a Nr. 10 can over an open fire, made it typical coffee pots, brewed by my German FIL, in a small enamel pot by pouring boiling water over the grounds, brewed up in 20 gallon pots while on field exercises in Germany, just to name a couple.

I have tried Starbucks coffee exactly ONCE! On an airliner coming back from Germany. Worst shit I have ever drunk, and refuse to drink any of it.

Starbucks can KMRRAA!!!

And for them to fire the woman for doing her damned job just shows how incredibly stupid the corporate management really is.

I hope she ends up owning the whole corp.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
My best friend stopped at a Starbucks in NW Indiana a few weeks ago for a coffee. They told him that they didn't have any. No special fru fru drink, just a plain coffee.

Eek

He asked them why not, and he was told they didn't have any after noon. It as a bit after 1pm. But, if they could make some if he could wait about 20 min

Roll Eyes

He asked if water boiled slower here than any other place in the country or did they forget the recipe for coffee? He got a blank stare.

He went to Burger King next door and was through the drive through in under a minute. Once properly fueled he called me he was so shocked.

So apparently some don't do coffee either. Sometimes.

343 - Never Forget

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
https://www.usatoday.com/story...-bathroom/627003002/

Starbucks letter to employees: Anyone can use the bathroom
Edward C. Baig, USA TODAY Published 12:03 p.m. ET May 20, 2018 | Updated 2:51 p.m. ET May 20, 2018

The coffee chain clarified who is allowed to use its restrooms.

You don’t have to be a Starbucks customer to use the bathroom.

Starbucks informed employees of the official policy in a letter sent to them on Saturday, spelling out that “any person who enters our spaces, including patios, cafes and restrooms, regardless of whether they make a purchase, is considered a customer.”

Portions of the letter were first published in The Wall Street Journal.

Starbucks employees are told to follow company procedure in dealing with customers who might behave in a “disruptive manner.” If there is a perception of imminent danger or safety concerns, employees are still urged to call 911.

And in a policy statement shared with USA TODAY, the company indicated that "When using a Starbucks space, we respectfully request that customers behave in a manner that maintains a warm and welcoming environment by:

Using spaces as intended

Being considerate of others

Communicating with respect

Acting responsibly."

More: Starbucks apologizes to Latino customer for racial slur written on his drink cup

More: Starbucks changes bathroom policy after Philadelphia arrest: Anyone may use them

Starbucks executive chairman Howard Schultz had already signaled the policy change at an event hosted by a Washington D.C. think tank on May 10. Schultz said at the time that, “We don’t want to become a public bathroom, but we’re going to make the right decision 100% of the time and give people the key, because we don’t want anyone at Starbucks to feel as if we are not giving access to you the bathroom.”

In April, two African American males were arrested in a Philadelphia Starbucks after one asked to use the restroom but was told only paying customers could use them. After he sat down with his friend while waiting to be joined by a business associate for a meeting, the police came and arrested both, sparking national outrage.

Starbucks CEO Kevin Johnson subsequently apologized to the victims and reached an undisclosed financial settlement.

The company has also just apologized to a Latino customer for a racial slur that was allegedly written on his drink cup in a suburban Los Angeles Starbucks.

Starbucks is going ahead with plans to close its more than 8000 company owned U.S. stores and corporate offices on the afternoon of May 29, so employees could receive anti-bias training.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
My best friend stopped at a Starbucks in NW Indiana a few weeks ago for a coffee. They told him that they didn't have any. No special fru fru drink, just a plain coffee.

Eek

He asked them why not, and he was told they didn't have any after noon. It as a bit after 1pm. But, if they could make some if he could wait about 20 min

Roll Eyes

What? I don't believe any of that. That's just too ridiculous.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/cUKJWsnAAXs

This is pretty much how I feel about Starbucks.

Posts: 2774 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post