SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Braces in your mid 40s sucks
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Braces in your mid 40s sucks Login/Join 
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I just got mine off last year at almost 40. For the second time. I feel your pain, but you’ll adjust soon. At least for me this time they were all glue on and not the heavy metal bands that circles around the back molars.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try not to catch volleyballs & basketballs with your lips. I hated braces.

Less is more.

Posts: 3995 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
It wasn’t that long ago that many people hit their mid-40’s with few or none of their own teeth.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
I can empathize with you Dave. Although I got my upper braces at age 64 and my lowers just a few months ago.

It's really embarrassing for me. Can't wait til they are gone.

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1728 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Well my bite is all F'd up too. Ortho guy is fitting me with a splint. TMJ issues that I'm pretty sure will involve $65k out of my pocket before it is poorly resolved, if I agree to the fleecing.

I can't imagine what suck this will involve.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5150 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
My mom got them at 70! She had perfect teeth all her life, but they started to shift a bit. She had them for two years.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post