SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anybody else have a lap dog?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody else have a lap dog? Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted
Or one who thinks he is? Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I have two Brittanys like that!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
My Akita will sometimes sit in my lab. She is just shy of 100 lbs.

Mike

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2079 | Location: Philadelphia Suburbs | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
My Blue Heeler wants to crawl up from time to time, not a problem. The Chesapeake Bay wants I say nope, too big for me. The two labs could care less. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
don't have a pic of the many times he's done it, but my current 65lb black lab/redbone mix has very little understanding of the concept of personal space.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Yup. 75 lb Pit Bull that climbs up on me in a chair or the couch.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
70-75lb Catahoula Leopard that likes to think so.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not really lap dogs but both of ours get as close as they can next to us on the couch.
However at night they will sneak up on the bed and then lay on top of us and go to sleep.
I think maybe that might count.... Wink

Posts: 162 | Registered: April 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Well, she's kinda big, but I love her more than ever.

We have had Yorkies in the past. They were inside your shirt dogs as well as lap dogs.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
You bet - 3 miniature daschunds.

Posts: 3718 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
{{waves hand}}
My male golden thinks I'm his personal pillow. The female just wants to lay on your feet.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
All 100 lbs of her almost every day [/URL]

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My current yellow lab and previous black lab are total cuddle bugs for sure. 75-80 pounds of love

Posts: 3287 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lugerguards
posted Hide Post
Yep,
Baby or Beastie depending on her mood!

Nothing here to see!

Posts: 1865 | Location: Will County, Illinois | Registered: October 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoboV
posted Hide Post
We had a Golden Retriever named Belle that whenever I was seated always had to find a way to lay across my lap.

She was big for a Golden. She weighed over 100 pounds.

One of the things she used to do when I would stand still and she was sitting next to me was that whenever I moved a little she would adjust her position to be seated next to me as if I never moved. She would do this even if I only moved a quarter of an inch!

We lost her back in 2012. Our hearts are still broken.

"Lion Heart is all heart, Smarty Jones is all out!!!"

Posts: 621 | Location: Destrehan, La. U.S. | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Oh, yes. Our 100lb German shepherd thinks he is a lap dog and will squirm or just plop his way onto your lap, as much of him that will fit. Biggest snuggle buddy we've ever had. Our sweetie...

Posts: 1126 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Yes, Jacques is our 60 lb comfort hound (Blackmouth Cur). He will put his head on recliner and wait for the invite, them curl up. He goes between my wife and I so he spreads it around. Dogs are great !

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Link

Shitzu/Pug "Designer Dog"

Story behind Link:
My son and a girl he was dating many years ago got Link, actually he belonged to the girl.

They named him "Link" , because it was their link together.

Well, the other link wasn't so strong, they broke up, she ended up with Link, and really didn't care for him.

When my son found out she was planning to turn him in to a shelter, he got Link from her .

Which shows he made a good judgement breaking up with her.

Link stayed with us, and our Boston Terriers over the years, my son got his own place before he got married, took Link with him.

Link wasn't very happy there, so my son brought him back to live with us. Several years ago. Link is maybe 10 years old, and the only lapdog here.

There is a lapcat here, but thats a different story.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Those pics look about right. Our 120lb Bernese mutt thinks he can fit on a postage sized spot on our couch, then he just expands to lay on me and my wife at the same time Smile

But we LOVE it!

Posts: 1769 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post