SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I am currently working the back door at my wife's school's prom
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am currently working the back door at my wife's school's prom Login/Join 
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
What's a "Prom"? I guess my high school had them, but I never went.

flashguy

Same here. I was not one of the "in crowd". Nor to Homecoming.

Me three.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

flashguy

Thought all goody two shoes went to the Prom.

-------------

The sadder but wiser girl for me.

Posts: 1057 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prom was fun, and in the pre-smartphone era, for which I am thankful.

I leave it at that.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
LOL, I just chaperoned prom last night too.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigJacket:
Prom was fun, and in the pre-smartphone era, for which I am thankful.

I leave it at that.

Same here. In fact I went to two different proms at two different high schools. Come to think of it, the proms actually sucked, but the after parties were sweet.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I went to four proms over the course of three years

I had a good time

The last one was with a girl I was good friends with whose boyfriend was an ass and dumped her after she had already bought the dress etc

I told her I would come home from the army in my dress uniform and take her and I did

We've been married for 19 years now and have 3 kids

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Yes, some people go way overboard, but not everyone does. Some of my best memories of high school were the dances and I actually feel sorry for those who didn't get to enjoy them or the company of pretty girls.

Sure are some fun hating curmudgeons on here.

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
I went to four proms over the course of three years

I had a good time

The last one was with a girl I was good friends with whose boyfriend was an ass and dumped her after she had already bought the dress etc

I told her I would come home from the army in my dress uniform and take her and I did

We've been married for 19 years now and have 3 kids

Great story. Wink

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11107 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Senior year there was this girl who wanted me to take her to the prom so bad. All kinds of inducements were offered, but I resisted. I took this really cute blonde from another town. Turns out the blonde was a lesbian. That is something I will never forget. From time to time, my friends and I have a big laugh about it.

Posts: 5618 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Protein anchor:
Working the back door?

Alrighty then... Wink
Be cool

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same school for 13 years, k-12, attended exactly 1 school sponsored event. My mother forced me to attend my graduation; some bullshit about cherished memories. Was not a popular kid. Spent both prom nights in my car just driving around.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My high school called it a "levee" or some such thing. I didn't go, I worked that night like most nights my senior year.

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I went to work the night of my prom. Not that I'd have had a date anyway, I wasn't one of the in crowd either. I also changed clothes and went to work as soon as my graduation ceremony was over.

Posts: 7266 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Good for you Kraveshera. Your support helps make stuff possible for those kids. They can choose what kind of experience they want to make out of it but you are giving them reasonable safety, at least some expectation of behavior and maybe some fun.

A tip of my hat.

Posts: 6390 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
quote:

flashguy

Same here. I was not one of the "in crowd". Nor to Homecoming.

I didn't go to my senior prom, too shy back then for the "in crowd I wasn't part of"

2 years later went to my girlfriend's senior prom at the same high school. Had a great time.

I remember a " wallflower" gal in my class asking me to attend my senior prom as her date, I declined. Wish I hadn't, saw her several years later, she had blossomed into a knockout redhead beauty.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I graduated in 1971. At my high school the in crowd was the jocks and cheerleaders (dupers). I was a "greaser." My girlfriend was from a different school. We went in my '65 Chevy Impala 2-door and had fun I guess. I don't remember doing anything crazy. She was from a strict Polish family. I still have a couple of pics of us. I wonder what ever happened to her.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
The only thing I remember about my prom was the theme song - Wonderful Tonight by Clapton. Lack of any memories wasn't due to alcohol but rather extreme boredom. It just wasn't that fun.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
I started High School in Germany in the seventies, the alcohol flowed. Came to Atlanta, went to prom for about 5 mins, had picture taken and asked Principal where the bar was. He said haha real funny, I said see ya and since we were in a hotel in downtown Atlanta just walked over to the hotel bar had a few drinks then went clubbing.

Posts: 3572 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fischtown7:
I started High School in Germany in the seventies, the alcohol flowed. Came to Atlanta, went to prom for about 5 mins, had picture taken and asked Principal where the bar was. He said haha real funny, I said see ya and since we were in a hotel in downtown Atlanta just walked over to the hotel bar had a few drinks then went clubbing.
You must have been a pretty old high school student. I think the drinking age most places back then was 21.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:

flashguy

I never did either. I had a job, bills, the bs at the high school, LMAO.

I was friends with most everyone in school, all the cliques, except the douchey rich little clique. Think Pretty in Pink, very close. Prom night I was at my favorite club, in VIP drinking Heinekens. Some of the rich littles show up late, dressed in their garb, and motion me over. They ask to get in, and are all smiles and I say "So sorry". They looked ridiculous dressed like that there. Made them look 13. Then they immediately started whining and yelling that I wasn't 21. I looked at the bouncer we both smiled, and he told them to gtfo. As he is shoo-ing them away I take a nice big pull of my beer. High school was fun on the weekends but I never cared, or was involved with the bs social status. I think there are plenty of folks who skipped it. Many become adults early in life and see right through the bs.
My ex wanted to go to prom, rent the stretch, the whole deal, and I said nah, why go there and spend all that $? I can go to a real club with a million times better music, get drinks, and have a blast. "Formals" were a waste of money and time to me. My parent couldn't afford it, I could, but what's the point?

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12626 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post