SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I am currently working the back door at my wife's school's prom
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am currently working the back door at my wife's school's prom Login/Join 
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted
Not only do teachers not get paid for half of what they do, but their spouses get roped into things too.

Now I know I'm getting old. All I keep thinking is, "jeez these kids are too young to be dressing like this". Roll Eyes

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
And, good god is it loud. Should have brought hearing protection.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do... or do not.
There is no try.
Picture of fau
posted Hide Post
I just returned from my school's prom. I hope all went well.

Posts: 2736 | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kravashera:

All I keep thinking is, "jeez these kids are too young to be dressing like this". Roll Eyes

Yea, the girls didn't dress that way when I was in High School... damn it...

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
So far so good. One group of party crasher tried to awkwardly sneak in and were chased off by the off-duty officers.

Yeah, definitely don't remember my proms being like this.

- Robert Heinlein

posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, definitely don't remember my proms being like this.

Yeah you are getting old.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
What's a "Prom"? I guess my high school had them, but I never went.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Professor Smack-Down
Picture of Protein anchor
posted Hide Post
Working the back door?

Alrighty then... Wink

----------------------------
Tony

Guns in my collection:

Awaiting next purchase

Posts: 4107 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: October 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Protein anchor:
Working the back door?

Alrighty then... Wink

Glad I'm not the only one that read it like that. Big Grin

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kravashera:
So far so good. One group of party crasher tried to awkwardly sneak in and were chased off by the off-duty officers.

Sorry about that. Hey, can't blame me for trying...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
I have chaperoned a few Proms for my wife's school. I'm worn out afterwards. I've gone to numerous of her kids senior projects including skydiving for one of her student's charity project for wounded warriors. I've also chaperoned several field trips including a trip to the cadaver lab. It's never dull being married to a teacher.

Posts: 1217 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

flashguy

Same here. I was not one of the "in crowd". Nor to Homecoming.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Before my daughter's prom a few years ago, there was a photo session at one girls house around a swimming pool. One girl had magnificent breasts and she was wearing a cleavagey dress. It was fun to watch her pose for pictures because she puffed her chest out which caused a gravity defying lift of a few inches every time. It was impressive.

Posts: 7451 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
It's like a damn contest with some of the kids and parents during prom time. Who can spend the most, who can wear the least amount of clothes, who can get picked up in the stretchiest limo, etc...

And it is ridiculous what they ask teachers to do. My wife's niece graduates from high school next month. Graduation is on a Sunday. What genius made that decision? Of course the teachers have to attend but who in their right damn mind wants to spend their Sunday at school? If a parent has 2 off days and goes to church on Sunday, why would school administrators think that graduation on Sunday would be a good idea?

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
Before my daughter's prom a few years ago, there was a photo session at one girls house around a swimming pool. One girl had magnificent breasts and she was wearing a cleavagey dress. It was fun to watch her pose for pictures because she puffed her chest out which caused a gravity defying lift of a few inches every time. It was impressive.

So you're saying there are pictures? Ahem...

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shoevb:
I have chaperoned a few Proms for my wife's school. I'm worn out afterwards. I've gone to numerous of her kids senior projects including skydiving for one of her student's charity project for wounded warriors. I've also chaperoned several field trips including a trip to the cadaver lab. It's never dull being married to a teacher.

including a trip to the cadaver lab.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
It's like a damn contest with some of the kids and parents during prom time. Who can spend the most, who can wear the least amount of clothes, who can get picked up in the stretchiest limo, etc...

Isn't that nuts? There are kids spending as much on a prom as they should be spending on a wedding! Of course, when the wedding comes, they will want to spend as much as they should on a downpayment for a house.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

Isn't that nuts? There are kids spending as much on a prom as they should be spending on a wedding! Of course, when the wedding comes, they will want to spend as much as they should on a downpayment for a house.
Only topped by some of the broke idiots around here that manage to "buy" their kid a Mustang at 16.

Of course it really isn't purchases outright, its some shoestring loan that they'll have to default on in <12 months after paying $789.34 / mo for the car and $257.65 for the car insurance. And these people make <$2K a month.

Way to think it through, people. At least you are teaching little Johnny that everything in life is free until the repo man comes calling.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

flashguy

508 kids in my graduating class. Besides myself, I can tell you what exactly one of them is doing. I suppose if I joined Facebook I could catch up on 46 years of history but no thanks.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I went to prom with my best friend's girlfriend. Big Grin

There is a back story that makes what I did no so douchey.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post