SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pulled over last night. Rear brakelight was out. Cop was out of line!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pulled over last night. Rear brakelight was out. Cop was out of line! Login/Join 
The Velvet Voicebox
posted
Gotcha. No problem at all. Respect & kudos to the officer from Lees Summit PD. The left brakelight on the truck was out. He lit me up as I was going through the intersection on a green light. Pulled over, turned the truck off, rolled down the window, put one hand on steering wheel, one hand out the window hanging down.
Greeted him in a amiable manner. He was just as nice, informed me as to why the pullover, then asked if I was carrying. I informed him that I was, told him what it was, and where it was at. He said ok, that's fine. He asked for and I gave him my DL, he looked at it, said thanks, and handed it back. We talked about 3 more minutes because he asked about my Pentagon 9/11/2001 ball cap I was wearing. He shook my hand then said have a good evening sir, I thanked him, and told him to be careful, check your six. No fuss, no muss, no big deal. That is all.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Wait, aren't you black? I thought all cops shoot black motorists on sight.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Yep, be polite and people will be polite back. Being a police officer is hard enough, don't need to make it worse for them.

I also got pulled over a couple weeks ago, forgot to signal going through a bunch residential side streets, pulled over, turned on the dome light, rolled the window down, hands on steering wheel, he asked if I was armed, told him yes & where it was, told him my registration was in the glove compartment, handed it over with my license & carry permit, he looked it all then gave me a verbal warning & I was on my merry way.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
My dad had a friend named Richard, who was sort of a Richard when it came to cops. He was always bitching about how whenever he got pulled over, the cops always gave him a ticket. Meanwhile, my dad was always getting pulled over too, because he looked like a dirty doper dirtball hippie, but he never got tickets.

Richard wanted to know why. What was my dad's big secret! Well, he didn't have to wait long to find out, as Richard was once again pulled over with my dad in the vehicle. He asks my dad, "Hey, how do I get out of this? You never get a ticket, quick tell me before he gets here!"

My dad explains, "just be cool. Be respectful. Don't act like an asshole, just chill."

Cop makes it to the window, Richard rolls down the window, "The fuck do you want?"

Boom, ticket.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:

Must have been the NRA,Sigarms sticker on my back glass. He must have thought,"with those stickers, must be a good ole' boy driving around in blackface. Ain't gonna shoot him." Smile

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff:
quote:

Must have been the NRA,Sigarms sticker on my back glass. He must have thought,"with those stickers, must be a good ole' boy driving around in blackface. Ain't gonna shoot him." Smile

Unpossible. Everyone knows cops shoot every black person they interact with, and they disappear the ones who were just in blackface for Halloween because white people in blackface need to get disappeared anyway. I suspect we’re getting trolled by Antifa here, who jacked Cliff’s account to troll all the racists on this gun forum into responding so we can be correctly targeted for doxxing.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:

...My dad explains, "just be cool. Be respectful. Don't act like an asshole, just chill."...

Here's another guy who didn't listen to your dad. The link has the full body cam video. BTW, the libs at the Des Moines Register pride themselves on finding racism everywhere...

https://www.desmoinesregister....ing-iowa/2006552002/

Police video of black GOP campaigner's arrest in Iowa made public

Jason Clayworth, Des Moines Register
Published 6:29 p.m. CT Nov. 14, 2018 | Updated 7:17 a.m. CT Nov. 15, 2018

A black campaign worker canvassing in West Des Moines for Rep. David Young was arrested after he refused to identify himself or answer questions from officers who had received a complaint.

West Des Moines police released an officer’s body-camera video Wednesday of the controversial arrest of a black campaign worker who said he was racially profiled.

“People need to see for a second the world from a cop’s eyes and that’s what we’re going to do today,” West Des Moines Police Chief Chris Scott said just moments before releasing the video.

West Des Moines Police Officer Clint Ray responded to a call to the department’s non-emergency line Oct. 29 of a black man in the 5700 block of Aspen Drive who had fliers in his hand, was leaning on a mailbox and taking pictures of houses.

That man — Keilon Hill, 24, of Baton Rouge, Louisiana — was campaigning for U.S. Rep. David Young as part of a contract with “Defending Main Street,” a Republican political action committee based in Washington, D.C.

Hill — who swore at the officer — was arrested on a charge of harassment of a public official after he refused to identify himself or answer Ray’s questions.

Keilon Hill of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, says he was racially profiled by West Des Moines Police while campaigning for Rep. David Young late last month.

Hill and Iowa Citizens for Community Improvement contend he was racially profiled, that officers did not describe what they were investigating, and there was no reason for the detainment.

The incident made headlines earlier this week when CCI released video Hill took of the incident on his cell phone.

The nearly 13-minute police video released Wednesday is not drastically different in content than the video posted by CCI except that it shows the minutes leading up to Hill being questioned.

The videos show Ray telling Hill on multiple occasions that’s he’s investigating a “suspicious person,” which he said was a result of a neighbor’s call. It also shows Ray telling Hill that West Des Moines has a solicitation ordinance.

Hill tells the officer he not selling anything and asks if he has broken any laws. He declined to stop and answer the officer’s questions after Ray said he wasn’t finished and that he’s still investigating the call.

A key question is whether the arresting officers had the authority — or the responsibility — to require Hill to identify himself, a point of law sometimes referenced as the "reasonable suspicion standard."

It generally requires that officers have a reasonable suspicion before they stop a person.

“Tell me what laws I’ve broken, sir,” Hill says on the video to the officer.

West Des Moines Police conducted a review following a complaint about the incident and determined the officers acted appropriately. The city has a policy that generally prohibits the release of police body camera video until the conclusion of a criminal case.

However, the City Council’s Public Safety Committee asked the video to be released to show the public the facts surrounding the arrest, Scott said.

"I think all we’re asking for is for people to have an open mind, to look at the entire video from the beginning of the interaction to the end," Scott said. "As you see that you can make your own judgment but, again, I’m not asking for people to point fingers."

West Des Moines Sgt. Dave Wade acknowledged there are situations where the public is not required to answer officer questions but said his general advice is for people to cooperate.

Hill has obtained local attorney Gina Messamer of the Parrish Kruidenier Law Firm in Des Moines to represent him. He has posted a $300 bond and a pretrial conference has been set for Dec. 6 in Polk County.

On Wednesday, Hill said he wouldn’t have acted differently if faced with the same scenario.

“If they had said, ‘Hey, somebody saw you doing something,’ I would have rectified it then,” Hill said.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
And, you weren't driving with a mad woman.

Posts: 15893 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:

Sometimes this helps, especially if it's your mom.

Got pulled over by AL Trooper mid-evening on a dark stretch of US280. By the time he made it to my window she had awakened from the back seat and was yelling "What have you done NOW? What is going on? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!!!?"

He looked at my license, glanced in back and commented I probably already had enough coming. Drive safe.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've received warnings when I should have gotten a ticket because I had all my info ready and my attitude.

quote:

He got weed!!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Naw, it had to be that velvet voicebox of yours. Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
My dad had a friend named Richard, who was sort of a Richard when it came to cops. He was always bitching about how whenever he got pulled over, the cops always gave him a ticket. Meanwhile, my dad was always getting pulled over too, because he looked like a dirty doper dirtball hippie, but he never got tickets.

Richard wanted to know why. What was my dad's big secret! Well, he didn't have to wait long to find out, as Richard was once again pulled over with my dad in the vehicle. He asks my dad, "Hey, how do I get out of this? You never get a ticket, quick tell me before he gets here!"

My dad explains, "just be cool. Be respectful. Don't act like an asshole, just chill."

Cop makes it to the window, Richard rolls down the window, "The fuck do you want?"

Boom, ticket.

Hey I know that guy too.

His full name is Richard Noggin.

Ya know.

Dick Head.

Posts: 11841 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

You two owe me a new keyboard. Razz After a crappy day, I enjoyed the laugh.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:

Sometimes this helps, especially if it's your mom.

Got pulled over by AL Trooper mid-evening on a dark stretch of US280. By the time he made it to my window she had awakened from the back seat and was yelling "What have you done NOW? What is going on? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!!!?"

He looked at my license, glanced in back and commented I probably already had enough coming. Drive safe.

Ha! Me too. Turned off the interstate in Nebraska about dusk. Interstate limit is 80 mph there. State highway is 55. I was in a big damn BMW and I just let it eat. Got nailed by a female county sheriff deputy. She told me that she first shot me at 67 and then 70 something. She took the paperwork and went back to her car. SWMBO proceeded to rip me a new asshole. The deputy came back smiling and said she was watching from her car. She said she believed I had been punished enough.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Should have screamed at him, "WHY AM I NOT BEING OPPRESSED?"

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cop was out of line!

Confused This part is out of line with your post.

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Cop was out of line!

Right over your head? Confused

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Cop was out of line!

sar·casm (sär′kăz′əm) n.

1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to express contempt or ridicule. 2. A form of wit characterized by the use of such remarks: detected a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
I was on a date many many years ago and got pulled over by a cop. was easily eligible for a speeding ticket. One came to my window and another to the passenger window. the date says to the one on her side, 'what are you looking at pinhead?'. I look at the cop on my side in horror and he looks at me and then bursts out laughing. didn't give me a ticket, probably figured out I was in for a miserable enough night as it was. never saw the date again.

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nasig:
I was on a date many many years ago and got pulled over by a cop. was easily eligible for a speeding ticket. One came to my window and another to the passenger window. the date says to the one on her side, 'what are you looking at pinhead?'. I look at the cop on my side in horror and he looks at me and then bursts out laughing. didn't give me a ticket, probably figured out I was in for a miserable enough night as it was. never saw the date again.

That's pretty funny only because the officers were cool. I would have asked the officers if they would do me the favor and take her away and drop her off at the next corner.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8682 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post