SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Samsung front Load Washer Dancing like CRAZY!!!!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Samsung front Load Washer Dancing like CRAZY!!!!!! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Samsung Front Load Model# WF410ANW/XAA

The unit itself is level as can be. I can't get the thing to rock side to side or from any corner to corner whatsoever.

But pretty much every load except a very small load of like 10 baby garments the thing dances like crazy.

I am guessing the tub is out of whack some how.

The am seeing the 3 issues as possibilities:

The Spider Arm is broken

The Balance Ring is broken

The Shocks Absorbers are shot

Of course nothing mentions how one diagnoses the issue.

Any ideas???

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
Not sure about the front load but our top load Samsung had a recall because of something similar. Check their website, good luck.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3813 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any ideas???
Put on some music, and have a party? Cool

Posts: 6469 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
This may not be relevant to you but when these newer front loaders came out and we installed on in a new house one of my guys forgot to remove one of the shipping straps in the back that held the drum in place.
When we started it up to test it it shook so violently that it fell off the pedestal and we ended up buying a new replacement..

So is this a new machine??

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6316 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Our Maytag used to dance with or without music until we bought some vibration isolators from Home Depot. These were about 4" square by 1 1/2" thick and were about $30 for a set of 4. Put them under both the washer and dryer and problem solved.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but that is pretty typical of a lot of front loaders. We bought a horse stall mat, a large rubber mat about 3" thick and cut it to fit under ours and they stay in place like they were glued to the floor.

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 878 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
This may not be relevant to you but when these newer front loaders came out and we installed on in a new house one of my guys forgot to remove one of the shipping straps in the back that held the drum in place.
When we started it up to test it it shook so violently that it fell off the pedestal and we ended up buying a new replacement..

So is this a new machine??

Nope almost 8 years old.

quote:
Originally posted by low8option:
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but that is pretty typical of a lot of front loaders. We bought a horse stall mat, a large rubber mat about 3" thick and cut it to fit under ours and they stay in place like they were glued to the floor.

It is most certainly in internal tub issue and not a unit level/balance issue.

The thing is rock solid just sitting there. I can get on the top and it will not budge.

Once the tub is loaded and ir rolling on the high spin cycle it goes all out of whack.

I am guessing it is the shocks because it does not do it all the time.
I presume if the spider arm or balance ring were broken it would do it all the time the tub was spinning.
It only seems to happen when there is extra force being exerted, so I am thinking the shocks have lost their juice.

————————————————

Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
ApplianceBrad hasn’t posted since October — he okay?

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
ApplianceBrad hasn’t posted since October — he okay?

Yes he is. Posted on the book of faces a few days ago.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This may not be much help, but my neighbor had a similar problem with an LG. S spring in the bottom left corner popped off.

Posts: 1178 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scsigs:
This may not be much help, but my neighbor had a similar problem with an LG. S spring in the bottom left corner popped off.

LGs use springs and Samsungs use shocks. Same idea I am leaning towards this being the issue.

$120 fix $30 each 2 in the front and 2 in the back. Not too terrible difficult to replace. Figure I'll give it a whirl.

quote:
Originally posted by bigeinkcmo:
We usually load our front loader pretty full as small loads can get off center. Curious if running it empty is a problem too. Also, maybe it's stable but not actually level enough to spin properly? Meaning have you put a level on it to see if it's really level, or just stable to the floor.

Sorry, not much else I can think of.

It only occurs during medium to heavy loads. Smaller loads or the empty load running a pure cycle does not seem to cause the issue.

The unit is level according to my bubble level.

I am guessing the shocks are bad since it will maintain balance with no or small load but as weight is added it goes off balance because the shocks are shot and can't compensate for the heavy load anymore.

————————————————

Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Our front loader sounds like a jet taking off when it goes into a spin cycle. Been that way since day one.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would check the shocks. If one of the 3 is blown, it will rock during a spin cycle. The washers are also "smart", bigger loads, more water. The extra weight really makes the rocking worse during agitation.

Posts: 1040 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Our 15 year old front load Kenmore gave up the ghost in December, the tub shaft broke in the hub, for a short while it was a mild dance, eventually it went all out shake rattle n roll, the cost to fix it was more than the cost of a new Maytag.

So, new Maytags have been purchased and installed.

No more Dances with Clothes....

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
With Samsung and LG just stick to electronics.

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Checked with our good friend Appliance Brad and he advised it was more likely the spider bracket that holds the tub.
He told me how to test it and pretty sure that is the case. Sent him a video to confirm.
But he suggested replacement as the fix it very time consuming.

Can’t afford a Speed Queen unfortunately and he said Maytag would be 2nd best and half the price. Of course our luck we were just given a 10 year old Bosch washer and dryer. Kept the dryer and sold the washer since it was a couple years older than this one and was having no issues.

————————————————

Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
i have 30yr old Kenmore top load washer and dryer still going strong i have done a few repairs over the years nothing major Razz

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
We had one that shook like crazy for 3 or 4 years before we moved and bought a new set. For some reason the wife told me not to worry about fixing it Big Grin

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post