SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    generally disgruntled people and their bitching about those in the buisness of serving others
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

generally disgruntled people and their bitching about those in the buisness of serving others Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Yeah after jail for tax issues. The Queen of Mean. Only little people pay taxes. In earlier times her picture was featured on the front of a magazine with the words," Rhymes with Rich." Famous for treating the hotel employees worse than indentured servants.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Working in a pharmacy dealing with the public is interesting. People can be extremely rude, demanding and just plain nasty. The techs catch more crap than the pharmacist does but on occasion, we get a real special person thru the door.
Most nastiness comes over pricing that we don’t control.
My nine year old daughter said we should remind people that in pharmacy if we wanted you dead, you would be.

GW.

Posts: 642 | Location: Auburn, AL | Registered: August 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Many in the service industry are treated like lackeys ... the simple 'thank you, good morning, how are you?'is often met with a startled look, then a smile ... we are all human beings who respond to simple kindness.

More than once, I've called my friends on their social manners and graces. The look.

Now I'm thinking, What Would Bendable Do?

#bebendable (a Monkeyism)
#WWBD

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
My nine year old daughter said we should remind people that in pharmacy if we wanted you dead, you would be.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Do you serve the ROll Tide customers with a smile??

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Back when I was dating, I went on a date with a lady and we arrived at a restaurant and it was extremely busy - the hostess was apologetic and doing her best, but my date was just berating her. I almost left on the spot, but decided not to cause more of a scene and just ended it as early as possible. No call back. I want nothing to do with people who treat others like that.

No need to be rude, especially when it's not the fault of the person who is helping you. Always treat people with respect and courtesy.

you can tell a lot about people by the way they treat wait staff

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
In my line of work, I greet people who have the 'entitlement" attitude. I try to treat them like normal people, but when attitude comes into play, I revert to my training and let them know they are not "special". Everyone needs to follow the rules!

Posts: 3396 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
I have often said everyone should have at least one job dealing with serving the public. You will develop a whole new appreciation of what it entails. Most customers are great but some are jerks.

yep. told my kids the same thing. an invaluable lesson on how to deal with all types of people that will serve them well through life

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Work in a car dealership parts department sometime if you want to see disgruntled people. One of the reasons I retired two years ago after forty seven years in the business. Some customers are impossible to please or that they have just learned the complain game hoping to get their work comped.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the worst I ever witnessed was at the unemployment office in Phoenix,

I was looking for a job for two months and had to visit the u.e. office four times.

those people behind the bullet proof glass got treated horribly ! by people wanting their free shit , yet.

I treated the people like royalty, and they thanked ME!

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fgwilliams1:
Working in a pharmacy dealing with the public is interesting. People can be extremely rude, demanding and just plain nasty. The techs catch more crap than the pharmacist does but on occasion, we get a real special person thru the door.

I bet these are mostly the Opiate addicted people.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Someone here had a tag line about never date a women who is mean to your favorite waitress or something similar. I've always liked it.

I try to treat everyone with a baseline level of common curtesy and respect but it is a 2 way street. I am not your last customer and just because they were asswipes don’t carry that over into our interaction.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3840 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
Before retirement from a Plumbing business, snooty entitled customers would be asked

What's special about you, you're in Florida or you flush a toilet?

Sometimes they were asked to call back when the water got up to their neck.

I am very appreciative of those who are of service to me.

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1083 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fgwilliams1:

when I was in the grocery business (part time clerk all the way up to Store Manager) one of the duties I had was getting called to the RX for customers that have ,,, um,, ,needs,

worst was in the hood, where jimmy redneck or insert other demographic either took to many, or sold some of his drugs and now wants a refil a week early,

first they would get loud,
then louder,

then threaten the RX and the Tech,,

then I got called if I did not already hear the bozo,,,

always fun, esp when they would not shut up and the police had to take them away

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Coincidence tonight I ran into a guy I used to work with at the car dealership previous to the one I retired from. First time I have seen him since he retired about a month ago.

We talked for a few minutes, he told me that the main reason for getting out was not the business but the customers and how demanding they are today. He agreed that since the last recession/depression, whatever you want to call it, the demeanor of many customers has changed and not for the better.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Other than, "Fuck you!" or dumb looks, I've never gotten an answer from a patient when I've asked, "How do you think dropping an f-bomb on me is going o improve your situation?"

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Back when I was dating, I went on a date with a lady and we arrived at a restaurant and it was extremely busy - the hostess was apologetic and doing her best, but my date was just berating her. I almost left on the spot, but decided not to cause more of a scene and just ended it as early as possible. No call back. I want nothing to do with people who treat others like that.

No need to be rude, especially when it's not the fault of the person who is helping you. Always treat people with respect and courtesy.

This is called The Waiter Theory. If a person is mean to a person in a subservient position, they'll probably be mean to you down the road.

We all end up in the waiter's position eventually.

V.

Posts: 328 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: April 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it's ok to express dissatisfaction ,
if you have a problem , tell them in a nice way ,
they can not fix it if they do not know that something is broke.

you'll be doing their next customer a favor

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Everyone earning money do so by providing a service that solves somebody’s problem. Even those that provide a “product.” The product is simply the form that packages the service provided.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been practicing medicine now for close to 30 years and it seems over that period of time patients and family have gradually treated medical providers worse over time. I often say in my current urgent care clinic I feel like the Rodney dangerfield of medicine.

Posts: 3268 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
day care providers for the elderly are super popular now,

and some of those are woefully under paid and get treated like dirt.