SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What sound source does my wife want?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What sound source does my wife want? Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the helpful replies.

For some who have wondered why a work computer cannot be used, or her phone, or something more common, I spared all of you the details. The details consume at least 20 minutes of your day.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I use an old iPhone 5s from when we upgraded and connected it via BT to an Amazon speaker pod.

1. Connects reliably to a wireless network - yes

2. Not as big as a boom box - Yes

3. Not as loud as a boom box - Yes

4. Not desirable, as the cleaning people will take it at night for their very own - I don't think you'll find anything that meets this requirement - it's a bit unrealistic. I would suggest something small enough she will take home with her or put in a locked drawer.

5. Displays at least one internet music source, such as Pandora, iHeart Radio, etc. - yes

6. Operates on battery power (no outlets nearby, for whatever reason, in a health clinic) - yes

7. Rechargeable - yes

8. Affordable - yes

The speaker is an iHome rechargeable BT Speaker, it is compact, folds into a small carry sack, light, and only $19.

Linky Thingy

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post