SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    coolest thing I've seen is a while -- SOCOM demonstration at Tampa waterfront
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

coolest thing I've seen is a while -- SOCOM demonstration at Tampa waterfront Login/Join 
posted
apparently they do this annually in conjunction with an international special operations conference at the convention center

great showcase of our men in uniform

even more impressive to realize they would likely do this at night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVAl78abE6c

-----------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
I was there for the rehearsal and the public viewing. Impressive. Knowing the cost of .38 special blanks, I imagine $50k in minigun blanks alone, much less .30 and .50 calibers with a few thousand 556 in the mix.

When the blackhawk was coming in, it looked like it will take a dredging of the basin for the brass raining in.

I am sure they slowed things down for the public, but even at that speed, I wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of the offensive teams.

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
Those SWCC boat teams and Little Birds are awesome to watch.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1905 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watch that every year from my office window. It’s something to be working on a computer and then hear a mini gun (firing blanks).

We are very blessed to have the capability we do, and the people willing to wield it in defense of an often ungrateful society.

Posts: 993 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fun to watch, its a big to-do with all the international brass that comes to Tampa for the conference and see 'their guys' getting to play with the US. I've been to several of those shows, I think it was the Saudi or, UAE SEALs that had a big tent set-up in the exhibitor portion of the show; like what you'd think of out in the desert, carpets and pillows all around. The wives of some US brass got served tea and sweets from these over-the-top silver sets. Roll Eyes

Posts: 14623 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
apparently they do this annually in conjunction with an international special operations conference at the convention center

great showcase of our men in uniform

even more impressive to realize they would likely do this at night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVAl78abE6c

-----------------------------------------

Yeah, anyone can make noise during the day with blanks.

Turn out the lights, add live ammuntion for both outgoing and incoming fire, and ensure that you are killing the bad guys while not also killing good guys.

Those guys are top notch, for sure.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post