SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I guess you never know what crazy stuff is going on in your neighborhood Volume II. Neighbor apparently killed her husband...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I guess you never know what crazy stuff is going on in your neighborhood Volume II. Neighbor apparently killed her husband... Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted
...burned the body, buried him in the back yard, and laid concrete over the area.

Been missing three years, but wife never reported it. Friend finally asked for a wellness check and BOOM!

Home search, cadaver dog, digging, etc. Found an arm bone yesterday...

1.2 miles from me as the crow flies, directly behind my house. Watched the helicopters all day yesterday. There are essentially no houses between me and the subject property, just swamp, woods and fields. When I saw the sheriff helicopter flying slowly and searching the area, I broke out the AR and binocs to make sure they weren't chasing a fugitive my way. Soon after that, the news reported the missing man and the digging.

Link

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Geeze. And I bet you just thought they were having a cookout that day. Eek

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Wow.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Guess it's a good thing you were nice to her...

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Been missing three years, but wife never reported it. Friend finally asked for a wellness check and BOOM!

Strange. There is more to this story. I guess everybody bought the story that he was busy and could not be disturbed. Unusual in this day and time.

Posts: 17225 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Any idea of the ages of the woman and missing man? Just curious is all.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

Strange. There is more to this story. I guess everybody bought the story that he was busy and could not be disturbed. Unusual in this day and time.

These days with direct deposit and automatic payment there are cases where people have been deceased for months before it was known.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
These days with direct deposit and automatic payment there are cases where people have been deceased for months before it was known.

Sure it you are a recluse or something. I notice when people on this board do not post for a few weeks. The guy sounds like he had few friends and probably no employment. Where I live there are lots of nosy folks who like to get in others business. Where I grew up in Chicago it was a different story.

Posts: 17225 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Guess he didn't have any friends or family?

No contact all of a sudden and they think everything is okay?

Posts: 13097 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About two miles from me an adopted daughter and her boyfriend killed her parents, then burned the bodies at a fire pit at a local beach. This was called the BBQ murders. Sometimes adopted children are evil, sometimes it is inherited from a bad parent, which happened to a freind of mine. He adopted an infant who only met his biologial father a few times, but the kid was constantly in and out of Juvenile Hall.

Someone I know went to high school with the guy, says he was not a bad person. However he was always 300 lbs, this was his first GF, and she manipulated him into killing the parents. She, being 16 yo, was let out of prison at 21. He is in for life.

"On Saturday, June 21, 1975, following another argument with her mother, Marlene Olive telephoned Riley and told him, "Get your gun, we've got to kill the bitch today". She arranged to go out with her father, leaving her mother home alone and leaving a door unlocked through which Riley could then enter and kill her mother. Riley, who was carrying a loaded .22 caliber revolver and later said he had taken LSD,[11] entered the house where Naomi Olive was sleeping.

Afterward, Riley told police that he had struck Naomi Olive "many times" with a hammer (a statement he later recanted under hypnosis) and also stabbed and suffocated her.[1] While Riley was still in the house, Jim Olive returned, saw his wife lying in bed covered with blood, picked up a knife, and started toward Riley, exclaiming, "I'll kill you". Riley drew his gun and shot Jim Olive four times, killing him.[1][4][7]

Marlene Olive and Riley tried to dispose of the bodies by transporting them to a wooded area at nearby China Camp[12] and burning them in a barbecue pit with gasoline and logs in an attempt to make them unrecognizable. The couple left while the bodies were still burning. A fireman who arrived shortly thereafter to put out the unattended fire initially mistook the partially burnt remains for a deer carcass. The couple later returned to the park and further burned the remains along with additional evidence.

With a friend, the couple cleaned up the room where the killings had taken place, removing blood from the carpet, walls, and furniture.[13] They confided in the friend who helped clean and in several other friends that they had killed the Olives, with Riley physically carrying out the killings. Riley told friends, "We had to do it. They wouldn't let me see her."[1] Marlene Olive and Riley continued to live together at the Olives' house for several days, attending a Yes concert, shopping, eating at restaurants, and paying their expenses using cash, checks, and credit cards taken from her dead parents. They allegedly planned to wait for Jim and Naomi to be declared dead, collect the life insurance money, and move to Ecuador."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbecue_murders

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:

Scams running for a few months are child's play. I had a "dead grandma" benefits fraud case where the suspect concealed the beneficiary's death for more than twenty years. In many cases, turning off the spigot of SS/VA/OPM benefits requires an affirmative report from a family member. Occasionally, the .gov will proactively follow up on all of the 110-year-old recipients.

Posts: 2459 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

He was 35 or 36 when he went missing. I have read a report that although there was no action on his cell phone or bank accounts, that his Facebook page was repeatedly updated.

He and the wife had a domestic dispute some time before he disappeared which involved wrestling over a .40 cal automatic. He got arrested for it, but that isn't unusual. I also think there were two kids from the marriage.

Lots more to find out about this mess.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
So that's why you were busy with workmen on Thursday....

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4876 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Artie; Does she have the crazy eyes?

Posts: 12660 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:

It's Florida, they all do.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

He was 35 or 36 when he went missing.

For some reason I imagined the couple was much older.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:

Dunnno. Haven't seen pictures of her yet. She is only just a "person of interest" so far so no official pix.

I'm betting that MikeGLI is right, though.

Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Didn't something similar happen to a guy who won the Florida lottery years ago.
I think it was a friend who did this and she some how took control of his money before he was killed.
I think it was it the Tampa area.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Had a friend whose husband supposedly "ran off". He was an abusive, nasty character that no one missed.

Couldn't help but note that she had a nice freshly-poured concrete patio slab in her backyard about a week later. Jus sayin'.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Saw a report on this on my local news earlier. I'm in the Fl. Panhandle

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post