SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tennessee gubernatorial and Senate primary
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tennessee gubernatorial and Senate primary Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted
For governor, the following are running:

Diane Black, congressman (apparently she prefers to be addressed this way) from the 6th District
Bill Lee, businessman
Randy Boyd, another businessman
Beth Harwell, speaker of the state house
ETA: Karl Dean, Democrat, former mayor of Nashville

According to their commercials, each of them seem to be trying to "out-conservative" the other. Big Grin Black is explicitly anti-illegal immigration.

For the Senate (being vacated by RINO/Never-Trumper Bob Corker, good riddance), we've got R Marsha Blackburn, congresswoman from TN-7, and former D governor Phil Bredesen. Bredesen is one of the few "moderate" (i.e., non-Commie) Democrats; Blackburn is endorsed by Trump.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
Seeing a lot of Bill Lee and Blackburn signs here around Clarksville. I'm still registered to vote in Alaska, as I'm still a resident of it. Hopefully you guys don't get screwed.

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish the POS LameR Alexander would go away.

Posts: 659 | Registered: June 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Blackburn for the win please

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bill Lee, businessman

Currently my choice. ExWife's personnel agency staffed his office when his business was still small. Upstanding person & NEVER a politician.

Blackburn, the Senate needs more conservative politicians & Bredeson, while a good person, will just be another Democrat. What is interesting is Bredeson is not running as anti-Trump.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4250 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jodel-Time
Picture of Mboroman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anush:
Blackburn, the Senate needs more conservative politicians & Bredeson, while a good person, will just be another Democrat. What is interesting is Bredeson is not running as anti-Trump.

I find it interesting that Bredesen claims in his ads that he was always bipartisan and that, as Senator, he will vote for a Trump proposal if it's good for Tennessee. That's fine and dandy except that we all know the Democratic Party will tell him exactly how he is going to vote or they will make his life very uncomfortable.

For Governor, I'm leaning toward Randy Boyd but if it comes down to Diane Black vs Karl Dean, you know who I'll pull the lever for.

Posts: 559 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Karl Dean

Added to the list. I knew there had to be a Democrat running, but I haven't heard anything from him. Big Grin

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Any of the Republicans except Harwell. As the indians in the old westerns used to say, "She speaks with forked tongue".

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Diane Black

Marsha Blackburn

And yes... I have put my money where my mouth is in both cases.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post