SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Your favorite sammich?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your favorite sammich? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
A cudighi with mozzarella cheese, ketchup, mustard and onions. Or with pizza sauce, cheese, mushrooms, onions and green peppers. It's an Italian sausage sandwich. Do a quick google search. They are very good.

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I do love a lobster roll but since it's not an everyday sandwich and not one normally made at home at home I'll exclude it.

So put me down for:
Reuben
Roast beef & provolone (or Swiss) on rye with dijon mustard

And lately, I've been really liking homemade chicken salad made with a few walnuts and a good mayo on multi grain bread, sometimes with a slice of Swiss. Wife likes it with cheddar but the contrast of flavors doesn't work for me.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Too many to list, however here's a few:

Meatloaf with Swiss cheese and onion.

Italian with Provolone cheese.

BLT with garden fresh tomatoes only.

Stromboli made by a local place called Burger Royal.

Oyster Po Boy.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
Reuben.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BLT made with vine ripened tomatoes and Dukes or Helmans/Best Food mayonnaise. Lightly toasted bread.
Curried chicken salad with almonds.
Meatloaf sandwich - hot, cold, warm, fresh made, leftover, just about any way on any bread.

Posts: 1190 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
OMG, so many great sammiches. How can one argue with brisket, pulled pork, burgers, corned beef....and now we have chicken parm thrown in to the mix!

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Lots "good" sandwiches being listed, but that wasn't the question.

An Italian Beef sandwich rules them all.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
BLT for me. This isn't a thread to read between meals.

Posts: 1957 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
#1 – A smash burger, made by me: 22% Wagyu ground beef. Mayo with black pepper (lots), seasoning salt, and dill weed mixed into it. Pernicious Pickles brand garlic dill pickle slices.

#2 – Bacon with PB and Marmite. (PB + Marmite is a magic combo.)

#3 – The Beef Brisket Sandwich at my local Abby’s Real Texas BBQ. Coleslaw on the side.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8851 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Lots of great sammich's listed here, I love sandwiches from the mild to the wild.

In all honesty though, I love a great burger. My vision of a great burger is quality ground round, 15% lean, ground sirloin is just to dry IMHO. Lettuce, tomato, either an extremely thin slice of Vidalia onion, or grilled onion, cheddar cheese, mayo, mustard, and ketchup in just small amounts so that it is not dripping off the burger, and a Clawson dill spear on the side, that is my basic burger. depending on my mood I may add apple smoked bacon, also enjoy pepperoncini's on the side, and of course it has to be served on a great bun.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
White bread, Miracle Whip.
Warm ham.
Provolone cheese.
Fresh tomatoes.
Lettuce.

Posts: 3220 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
NOT BLOCKED!!!!
Posting from work, lunchtime!!! (gosh, i love this new job Big Grin )

(home grilled) Hamburger, medium rare, slice of onion, Japanese mayonnaise, grill-toasted bun. (bacon and bleu cheese are of course very viable additions when elsewhere)

Cuban sammich, with pulled pork, rather than roast pork.

BLT! (cannot ever get enough . . . BACON!)

Hot Dog! Mustard and a good beer . . . or any beer available.

Pasties! (my gramma's were the best - yes, i have roots in the UP! Wink )

Gyro - messy, but so good. Gots to go to the Golden Fleece in Greektown - YUM!

Detroit Coney Dogs! 'nuff said Wink

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Muffeleta.

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haven't we had a number of these 'ultimate/best sandwich' threads?

Anyways..

BLT- must use some kind of country-bread, heirloom tomatoes or similar, Duke's mayo, butter lettuce, and thick, smokey bacon. I like to melt a layer of pepper jack on one of the bread slices, which gives the sando a nice bite.

#19 type Reuben. I always stop at Langer's Deli in LA to grab one. The coleslaw helps cut the heaviness of the beef but, doesn't overwhelm it. Just all around tasty and satisfying.

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
BLT is hard to beat for me. I also love Pastrami with a bit of mustard.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
Am I the only one?!

Club

BLTE (fried egg makes it)

Posts: 904 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Meatloaf
BLT
Pastrami

Posts: 3848 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
My VERY favorite in the world is made in one place only in the Chestnut Hill neighborhood of Philadelphia at a bar by the name of McNally's Tavern and it's called "The Schmitter":

IT IS DELICIOUS!

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
1. Cuban sandwich...made with real Cuban bread. Sadly I can only get them when I visit my brother in Tampa.

2. Ruben

3. Egg salad sandwich

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
My three favorites,

PB & Nutella
French Dip
Turkey & Swiss Cheese

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post