SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Your favorite sammich?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your favorite sammich? Login/Join 
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted
The thread on Dukes Mayo got me to thinking. What’s your favorite sammich? I guess mine would be an old fashion bologna with colby cheese, lettuce, tomato and mustard.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
PBnJ

For mayo, I like bologna cheese with chips on it - barbecue or Doritos

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find it hard to beat a good ole bologna just as you described, but add some mayo.

Posts: 169 | Location: Kearney, MO | Registered: October 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
On man...

BLT
Hot pastrami
Rachel
Meatball sub
Italian (with hots, damnit)...

Who can pick just one?

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12746 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Yeah, homemade meatball sammich. Thick sliced crisp Blt with fresh tomato. A real hot roast beef sammich with homemade gravy. That is for starters.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
A Reuben with a few Black and Tans. McP's Irish Pub on Coronado Island has the best example I've ever had.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2540 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
Hard to say what is my favorite.

Italian sub. Grilled cheese. A perfect BLT. Reuben. PB&J. Had a great schnitzel sandwich the other day.

A local sub shop makes a "Hot popper" cheesesteak! It has jalapeños and cream cheese.

A top favorite is a Bobby from Capriotti's. Now that's a damn good sandwich, Thanksgiving on a roll!

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 769 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Italian beef, dipped with hot peppers
Philly
Reuben

Pretty much in that order.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
#13 original Italian at Jersey Mike’s with extra oil, vinegar, and oregano...Mike’s way.

At home...BLT with chedduh and a fried egg that’s juuuuuust a tad runny and puts a little melt on the cheese on lightly toasted Oroweat Health Nut bread...heavy on the Duke’s mayo.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
Italian roast pork hoagie with brocolli rabe and provolone. There is another version which substitutes sweet italian sausage for the roast pork.

For those of you who have not had one,, I know, it sounds weird, but it is so good.

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2446 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Dave's killer bread, (seven grain), Best Foods olive oil mayo, green leaf lettuce on both flanks. In the middle: two slices of Boar's Head Mortadella with pistachio sandwich meat, two slices of Vlasic Bread & Butter chips, salt and pepper from the grinder, one slice of Boar's Head imported Swiss, two slices of Boar's Head olive loaf sandwich meat.

Accompanied by Kettle brand Krinkle cut Salt & Black Pepper chips.

Other sandwich meats I commonly use are Boar's head Deluxe ham and Genoa Salami.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Prosciutto and fresh mozzarella with lettuce, tomato and olive oil on fresh Italian baguette.

Corned beef and pastrami on rye with brown mustard.

BLT.

Chopped chicken liver on dark bread with onion and brown mustard.

Cream cheese with lox, and capers, or onion, on a fresh bagel.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Reuben here, traditional or turkey.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Muffuletta. With no bread nowadays.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Crawfish poboy. Not many places do them, but I like it more than shrimp.

Posts: 3425 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Reuben

Good pastrami on rye

Oyster po' boy

Lobster roll

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Reuben

Lobster roll

BLT

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Cuban sandwich. My favorite is a twist on the traditional with substituting low-n-slow smoked pulled pork for sliced pork.

BLT is a close 2nd. Summertime it's made with my homegrown organic maters. Usually buy something fancy (e.g. kaiser roll) from HEB's bakery, and some thick cut HEB bacon. I don't ruin it Mayo either as it's gotta be Miracle Whip.

Bahn Mi. I had never heard of them prior to a Sigforum thread. I've paid it forward and introduced people in 2 countries to this Vietnamese sandwich.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tatortodd,

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Meatloaf, and PB&J w/ banana slices on toast.
Eating out Monte Cristo, though I love a good Cuban, which I have not located here in the Hills.
There are some good hamburgers here!
BLT in the summer, or when you want to wish for summer, but tomatoes in winter is an issue!

Jim

Posts: 1344 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post