SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Your favorite sammich?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your favorite sammich? Login/Join 
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
Simple. Toasted bread, microwave provolone or American cheese on each slice to melt the cheese, then add a thin slice of cold ham.

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
BLT and or a patty melt.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
What??? And nobody has mentioned a Monte Cristo!!! Shame...

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
French dip, maybe lamb, from Philippe's in Los Angeles (along with their 45¢ cup of coffee).

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pantera1994
posted Hide Post
Buffalo chicken cheese steak is probably my favorite. Sausage parm. is a close second.

Posts: 1306 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: August 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of the Hudge
posted Hide Post
Cuban from the Latin American in Palm River Fl.

Posts: 798 | Location: Inland Nortwest | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
erj_pilot nailed it for a sandwich purchased "out."
#13 original Italian at Jersey Mike’s with extra oil, vinegar, and oregano...Mike’s way.

But at home, as a Yut, my favorite was an Oscar Mayer Cotto Salami and American Cheese on white bread with mustard and Miracle Whip. A stack of the salami and an equal number of cheese slices.

As I matured, I found other lunch meats, other cheeses, other breads and of course, the cheeseburger.

But, if it wasn't for the huge, excessive amount of fat and salt, it'd still be a Cotto salami/American cheese on white for me.

Bob

Posts: 1558 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Open face Thomas' English muffins topped with tuna (mayo, black olives, onions), cheddar, and bacon.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Roast beef, well done like all meats I eat cold on white bread with mustard and lettuce. A close second would be a sliced beef sandwich from a local BBQ joint with their sauce.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
The 1:30 a.m. can't sleep 'mater sammich.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Godmother from Bay Cities Deli in Santa Monica, CA.

TS

Posts: 858 | Location: California | Registered: March 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Just an FYI to you guys saying “Philly cheese steak”, there’s no such thing as that. It’s a Philly Cheesesteak, one word. Most of the time just plain “Cheesesteak”.

Also you’ll NEVER hear anyone refer to it as a “Philly” here. I used to cringe seeing TV commercials from some national chain like Quiznos talking about their “Philly”. Blasphemy!

I have a coworker from Virginia who comes up to Pennsylvania every so often and he always makes me chuckle when he says “let’s go get a steak & cheese!” Big Grin

Posts: 33604 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
In the oven Italian with oil and mayo.

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Good old NY Italian Special - ham, salami, capicola, prosciutto, parmesian, lettuce, tomato, oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and oregano.

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Oh yeah - liverwurst with onion, cheese, and mustard on rye or pumpernickle.

Very good indeed. I like the braunsweiger variety of liverwurst – specifically Thumann’s braunsweiger. And Thumann’s “Düsseldorf” mustard on it. On Mestemacher German-baked Pumpernickel:
www.amazon.com/dp/B00176GK1O/r..._api_i_T2SrEbW113FQ2

I discovered this bread over two years ago, and have never been without it since. Unopened six-slice packets keep good at room temperature for months.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
side_shot said,

In the oven Italian with oil and mayo.

I've noticed some sub shops now heat their subs, Firehouse is one.

My wife and I thought we'd give 'em a try and about gagged when both our sandwiches were actually hot. I had a sub, can't recall what she had. We hated them, never went back.

Don't you realize that lunch meats are known as cold cuts (look at the sign above the lunch meats at Publix, for example) and that's exactly how I want to eat them?

Bob

Posts: 1558 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Currently toasted Italian white, mayo, munster, a good inch of iceberg, spicy mustard. Two of those is a belly filler but it does not stick to your gut.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
day 12 after winning the big lottery :
Hire two people to pass a bill in Iowa, making the reuben sandwich the official state sandwich.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
So I went to Jersey Mikes yesterday as I do a couple of times a week. I got the regular 6" roast beef with no drink or chips, when it rang up it was $10 something with tax. I looked up at the menu and they had gone up to $9.45, I made a "holy price increase" comment and paid $11.06 with tip. I don't think I will be going back at those prices.

Today I stopped at Publix and got the roast beef 6", it was $5.49. Out the door with some red tater salad for $8.23. Mighty good eats

Posts: 5301 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So glad we re-visited this thread.

My post last year re-inspired me to go back to Publix, buy a package of Oscar Mayer Cotto Salami and some high fat American Cheese and a loaf of fresh white bread. Already had the yeller mustard.

Bob