SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What homepage do you use on your computer?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What homepage do you use on your computer? Login/Join 
Fire for effect
posted
I've been using My Yahoo for my homepage on my computer. It is set up to show calendar, stock market index, weather (local), news - world, national, financial. No gossip.
I don't like Yahoo and would really like to change to something better.
What do you use?
Is there a better alternative?

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's only one right answer. Cool

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
a blank one.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Refdesk.com here. It has everything I need.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I created my own, with links to different pages I also created - a page full of political links, a page full of firearms links, etc. Not fancy, just a table format.

It wasn't hard to do, but I did it first using Netscape - that will give you a hint about how long I've done it this way. Smile Using something like Word to do this would be like using a 12-pound mall to kill a mosquito.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2067 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I use Firefox, blank page, with some tabs that get me to the important stuff like SIGFORUM.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post

The Lounge, of course Big Grin

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanner:
There's only one right answer. Cool

Uh, this, of course.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
Smile I am a loyal member of SigForum and come here several times a day.
But I prefer a homepage that contains many pieces of important information at a glance, such as calendar, stock market index, weather, major news, but not gossip and liberal nonsense.
So I've been using My Yahoo, but I can't tolerate the liberal bias anymore.
Is there a solution?

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
about:blank

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
a blank one.

+1 about:blank

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
about:blank

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I have Chrome set up to where every time I start it, it automatically opens two tabs: my Gmail Inbox and the Sigforum Main Page.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

http://about:blank

No reason to foul up your problems with bad pages, right off the bat.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
none + various favourites - depending on my mood/goal. If weather, straight there, etc.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
ESPN

Sigforum is on my bookmark bar.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3477 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blank.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About:blank

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I have Chrome set to open where I "left off," which normally means work gmail in tab 1, work task list (smartsheet.com) in tab 2, personal gmail in tab 3, sigforum in tab 4.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post