SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Magpul GL Enhanced Mag Well for G19-Not a Rant
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Magpul GL Enhanced Mag Well for G19-Not a Rant Login/Join 
Picture of Poacher
posted
Not a rant, just a buyer beware. I am a huge fan of Magpul products and just purchased a Magpul magwell for my Gen 4 G19. It states in the instructions, and upon further reviewSmile on their website, it is for the stock grip. If you add any backstraps, you will have to modify it at your own risk.
With Mr Dremel, I got it to fit rather nicely, but my mags did not seat very well, so off it came. Don't feel like grinding on it anymore.

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Thank you, this is good to know. A lot of the tango down accessories for the gen 4s fit the Gen 5s, so I was thinking about trying other manufacturer accessories on my gen 5s..

This was one of the ones on my list, but I DO use a grip insert on my guns, and I too don't want to grind on something

You have saved some money and frustration

Much obliged

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
That is good info to know. My Glock 17 loves its Agency Arms mag well, so I guess my 19 will get the same upgrade.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried the magpul magwell; I like magpul products, but their mag well was absolute garbage. Not remotely close to a fit, it was absolutely worthless.

I have agency arms magwells on my Glocks; they're small enough that the vickers baseplates actually stick out farther than the magwell.

I haven't had any problems with any mags for the Glocks with the agency arms magwells, or with any baseplates, except one, a few days ago. It was an older glock mag, factory base, and it disappeared into the well and jammed. Wouldn't feed, couldn't be extracted except by locking the slide back and poking the mag out. Everything else, including the ETS mags, runs fine with that mag well.

The magpul magwell got chucked.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I considered trying the Magpul magwell on my G34, but discovered that it doesn't play nice with Vickers baseplates. About half my G17/G34 mags have Vickers baseplates, so I passed.

I do plan on picking up one of the Agency Arms blems one of these days.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I tried the magpul magwell; I like magpul products, but their mag well was absolute garbage. Not remotely close to a fit, it was absolutely worthless.

I have agency arms magwells on my Glocks; they're small enough that the vickers baseplates actually stick out farther than the magwell.

I haven't had any problems with any mags for the Glocks with the agency arms magwells, or with any baseplates, except one, a few days ago. It was an older glock mag, factory base, and it disappeared into the well and jammed. Wouldn't feed, couldn't be extracted except by locking the slide back and poking the mag out. Everything else, including the ETS mags, runs fine with that mag well.

The magpul magwell got chucked.

A prospective update from another source (me):

I bought the Gen 4 (G19) MAGPUL magwell and it is perfect and flawless. As the instructions indicate, the part is not compatible with the optional med/large backstraps.

Perhaps Magpul perfected the product since its introduction...I like it very much. I was warned to be sure to order the correct product, and not the knock-off "air-soft" variety going around, because the airsoft version has softer plastics and the cut is more crude.

Nonetheless, it's another A+ product from MAGPUL.

Posts: 559 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ended up with Agency arms mag wells on most of my Glock 9/40/357's, and nothing on the .45's and 10mm's.

I ran into someone a couple of days ago who has a magpull magwell on his G19. It's a beater, 20,000 rounds through the pistol, set up the way he wants it, and it has a magpull mag well. He managed to get it on the pistol, but it doesn't fit well at all. It reminded me why I tossed mine in the trash.

I'm sure there are a few out there that people have managed to fit, but I haven't seen them.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I considered trying the Magpul magwell on my G34, but discovered that it doesn't play nice with Vickers baseplates. About half my G17/G34 mags have Vickers baseplates, so I passed.

Ran into this as well. Not everything Magpul produces is going to be awesome. At some point, certain items in a company's assortment are fantastic and move the company's image (and bottom line), while others are simply merchandising fillers...the magwells seem to fall into the latter.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's the oddest thing. My Gen4 magwell (G19) is astoundingly great. Superb even.

No kidding. I don't usually fit the "fan-boy" term very well, but this time, yes. Fit, finish, feel, construction, benefit, all perfect. Stepping down from the fan boy podium now.

Posts: 559 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I use the medium beavertail backstrap. I modified the backstraps on my gen4 35 and issued gen4 31 and have no issues with the magwell. I don’t have any aftermarket base plates so it’s fine for me. I haven’t tried their compact one yet.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post