SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It’s Sad To See How Other Forums Run
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It’s Sad To See How Other Forums Run Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
I’m glad this one is run and moderated well and the troublemakers and miscreants are run off in pretty quick fashion.

I just joined an online CPAP discussion forum and am already getting ready to leave it. It appears that there is a core group of long term members on this forum that just love to jump on new members asking for advice or help. It’s crazy, you post something and they jump your shit and accuse you of trolling or being a whiner or just plain being dumb.

Are these people too stupid to understand that’s how you end up with a echo chamber and no one coming? It’s like they have nothing better to do all day but to make new members feel unwelcome.

Maybe they want it that way, who the hell knows. Roll Eyes

I don’t get it.

Posts: 33776 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
fuck em - you're from the Sig Forum and ought to be able to give as good as you get! Wink

Posts: 4695 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As well, it's pleasant to have no ads slowing down, popping up after every click and cluttering up the forum.

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
This is the ONLY forum I use anymore. Most are either low activity or unbearable.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:I just joined an online CPAP discussion forum and am already getting ready to leave it.

Not to derail the thread, but coincidently I'm having a lot of trouble with my CPAP regimen. Have you found a forum or resource that doesn't suck?

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Do they have siglines with all the cpap machine model numbers they have?

Some kinds of threads i'm betting...

"What kind of CPAP are you running?"
"You will buy a Phillips ResMed"
"Let's see your bug out CPAP"
"My CPAP kaBoom'd"
"Phillips proto1 CPAP"
"Karma, German CPAP"

Smile

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
As well, it's pleasant to have no ads slowing down, popping up after every click and cluttering up the forum.

Yep, this is the best part. Para used to own the S&W forum and its devolved to the point where every thread requires you to clean up to read the next one. What I just said may even be a violation here, but he's said that too. We come here for information, not to see useless ads we have no interest in seeing. Usually ones that block content or keep reappearing.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Say "hi" to IndyFFL while you're there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbramlett:
Do they have siglines with all the cpap machine model numbers they have?

Some kinds of threads i'm betting...

"What kind of CPAP are you running?"
"You will buy a Phillips ResMed"
"Let's see your bug out CPAP"
"My CPAP kaBoom'd"
"Phillips proto1 CPAP"
"Karma, German CPAP"

Smile

I nearly spit out my coffee just now!

It's close to that...

Posts: 33776 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I’m insulted that you didn’t post your question here first. You probably would’ve got a better answer Big Grin

If the day ever comes were a fee is required for this form to keep running as it is, I will pay as much as I can afford to stay.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
quote:
If the day ever comes were a fee is required for this form to keep running as it is, I will pay as much as I can afford to stay.

This forum is my Morning Therapy - I'd do whatever it takes -

Thank You Sig Forum.

Posts: 493 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do they have a line on any triple serialized CPAP's from the 90's?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RGRacing:
quote:

This forum is my Morning Therapy - I'd do whatever it takes -

Thank You Sig Forum.

Same here!

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7084 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
This place is a relief from the bullshit that happens in other forums.

A particular car forum I'm a part of allows people to post "feeler" threads for gauging interest. They have to post a price, though. Why gauge interest? You either sell or you don't.

And the supporting vendors just spam the entire site with ads. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13097 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Although SF is my primary gun forum, I do visit a couple of others that are fairly well run. I do appreciate the SF and have been here a while, even though I don't own a SIG. (I do "own" a SA revolver made by SIG Sauer & Sohn, but it was stolen in 1981 and never recovered.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
I’m insulted that you didn’t post your question here first. You probably would’ve got a better answer Big Grin

Yep, I get better real life technical information from this forum than anywhere else.

Posts: 326 | Registered: January 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:

Now, that's funny!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:

Now, that's funny!

Yep. But you have to have been around for awhile to get it,

Posts: 6386 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Do they have a line on any triple serialized CPAP's from the 90's?

Nah, just the ones with the MADE W GERMANY roll mark. Still looking for the rarer E Germany example...

Seriously, there have been some good CPAP threads on this forum.

Posts: 607 | Location: Washington State | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
The only thing I can think is that the old timers have already answered whatever that question was 15 times and wished the new folks would search for a moment before asking. Unless the search engine stinks :-)

but usually you can google "forum name" + "topic" and get whatever you need...

They should at least have a polite answer ready - already answered or please search before asking.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post