SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The countdown to having 3 kids is here!!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The countdown to having 3 kids is here!!!! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Holy Crap we are officially in the RED ZONE for arrival of baby boy number 3.
We have no clue on a name and this 3rd car seat is not going safely in mama's ride!!!!
What on earth have we done Razz

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
We have three, welcome to the zone defense.

My wife and I laugh a little when new parents tell us how hard life is with one. Same with people that only have two. I'm in awe of those with more and never complain how hard it is.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
You do know they have determined the cause of that happening you know...

Just what have you been doing in that van?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

Wife refuses to drive the van. That is until she tries to strap 3 in the Highlander! Ha, I predict she will be rocking the van more than me.

————————————————

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
It's true. Much easier to strap three into the minivan.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Showed her the new car seat setup in the Highlander. It is going to suck until the oldest is in a booster and can do his own buckles.
He is about and inch shy of a booster.

She is now eyeballing the neighbors Sequoia Roll Eyes

————————————————

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

Well I know exactly what causes it. Two Manhattans and a bottle of Pinot noir. That's what the wife and I consumed before our son was conceived Big Grin

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Those Recaros are massive. I measured the Britax seats I have in the van and they are only 18" wide compared to the Recaros 20".
So swapping them will gain me 4" and should be able to have 3 across in the Highlander.

————————————————

It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
We have three, welcome to the zone defense.

My wife and I laugh a little when new parents tell us how hard life is with one. Same with people that only have two. I'm in awe of those with more and never complain how hard it is.

I'm really enjoying this thread. My wife & I also laugh when other parents tell us how hard it is to have two kids. We have six kids. My wife is sixth of eight siblings in her family.
Our oldest two are out of graduate school, second two in college, youngest two in high school. 13 years age difference from oldest to youngest.

The REAL fun starts when your kids start driving. Talk about stress........

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
2 to 3 was the hardest for us. We have 4 now and 3 to 4 was cake.

Then again, we had 3 under 3 for 2 months

You're going to love it. Take good care of momma bear, but especially when you think you're too exhausted to breath.

Congrats. Smile

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Nope nope nope nope nope.

I got snipped after 2. I was so thrilled about it I watched the entire procedure. Doc wouldn't let me have popcorn, though.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

You need the new wide-body minivan, with special wheels. I think it's called a Unimog.

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Time to kick the oldest one out of the nest.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
We are 8 months away, I had already explained to the wife that a minivan and either bunking kids or putting up temporary walls to make a bedroom out of our loft were going to happen. Now that we are committed, I am planning the logistics and she is planning her next morning-sickness induced hurl.

We have Recaro seats and love them and always used a Britax bucket. There are whole websites out there for figuring out how to go three across with car seats.

We are all going to visit friends in Alaska next month and I want to get another trip in before things get even more complicated. We'll see.

Good luck and congratulations!

Posts: 2514 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Me again. I am so very, very confused that you people are discussing Recaro seats. Gentlemen, those are race car seats, surely no one markets a "car seat" with the fabled Recaro name?? What is happening to my world???
Hell, I don't even recognize the name "Britax" that y'all are throwing around. I remember names such as "Graco", and "Fisher-Price".

OMG, I'm starting to sound like my father!!!
("When I was a boy......")

And as for that mini-van embarrassment, at least we had a Ford Excursion (a very manly vehicle) at the time of the arrival of our fifth & sixth.....But sadly, we did not have the funding at the time to put wickedly stylish wheels on the Excursion. Yet, I understand, an Excursion is not as cool as a Sienna. Big Grin

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
I worry about our kids being able to identify our hypothetical dark gray Odyssey over the other 2 dozen dark gray Odysseys that would be in line at school pickup. Soo....I have always proposed adding a nice bright red decal diagonal up each side ending at a matching red spoiler up on top. Switching out to some red mag wheels, painting everything below that red line black, and adding a grill guard with some KC lights. I don't think its going to happen though.

And Recaro? They even make strollers!

Posts: 2514 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
2 to 3 was the hardest for us. We have 4 now and 3 to 4 was cake.

Then again, we had 3 under 3 for 2 months

You're going to love it. Take good care of momma bear, but especially when you think you're too exhausted to breath.

Congrats. Smile

We too will have 3 under 3 for about 2 months.
After things settle I'll be going the route of flesheatingvirus.

And yes Recaro the racing seat company makes some of the best car seats on the market. Made by Recaro is the USA not rebadged by some other company.

————————————————