SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    After 25 years on death row, the creature is dead
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

After 25 years on death row, the creature is dead Login/Join 
Picture of cne32507
posted
Eric Scott Branch screamed “Murderer” as the first sedative was started. Florida should have brought out “Old Sparky” and made him really scream.

Sorry, I couldn't find the link to the court description of Branch’s crime. Google is stuffed with the same Branch story today. Panama City newspaper

1993:
Branch raped in Indiana, his home, and was released by mistake when a clerk didn’t forward a judge’s order. He knew it was a mistake and drove to Panama City, Florida and stayed with a cousin. He raped again in PC and fled to Pensacola. There he parked his car and took a taxi to our local university and hung out. He spent two nights in the dorm room of a female student he just met. When he decided it was time to move on, he staked out a lonely parking lot and waited. Susan Morris had finished night class and was headed for her car when Branch attacked. She was clubbed with a stick and dragged away to a wooded area where unspoken horrors were done to her. Her nude body was found 3 days later. After killing Morris, Branch had returned to the dorm room and spent the night. He left in Morris’s Toyota and returned to PC. Later he tried to get back to Indiana where he was arrested.

I find it hard to believe that creatures like him walk among us, but Ted Bundy was captured in Pensacola after he had rampaged at an FSU sorority house.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I hope his death house experience was at least as psychologically horrific as his serial rapes and murder were for his victims.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31436 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Eric Branch (murderer)

Maybe it was his team yell. When that's your entry in Wikipedia....

Good to see him gone. Remember when this happened, had family in the area at the time.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
I hope his death house experience was at least as psychologically horrific as his serial rapes and murder were for his victims.

My sincerest thoughts as well!

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Some Americans of my acquaintance say he should have been injected with boiling lye, others suggest a quick bullet to the back of the neck, á la Katyn, but all say that 25 years waiting to be judicially executed, after the sentence had been passed, was 24 years, 364 days too long.

tac

Posts: 11320 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Justice delayed...

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Can of gasoline and a road flare on the courthouse steps, immediately after sentencing.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Should have been taken from the Court House 25 years ago stood against a wall and shot. All should have been filmed and showen on the nightly news. Way do we waste any time or money on these animals.

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgun45
posted Hide Post
He went out like a whiny little bitch. Screaming murderers is ironic justice for this filth. I hope he is rotting in the lowest levels of hell.

Posts: 2049 | Registered: January 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Is it evil to think of the execution scene in Law Abiding Citizen?

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back in the day, the civil rights of honest citizens was protected by the quick, but honest processing of justice. Here's an example. Bonnie and Clyde broke this asshole Raymond Hamilton out of the work farm @ January 16, 1934.

Headline dated April 6, 1935 "Recaptured" http://www.rarenewspapers.com/view/578878

Headline dated May 6, 1935 "Executed"...had a quick date with "Ol Sparky".

It was 1 month from capture to execution. Think about that. He had due process. 1 month and honest people and society can both breath easy and get on with it again. Justice was served and everyone knows it. 25 years to execute? Where is the justice for the family of that poor girl who had to live every day until the case gets dealt with?

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It shouldn't take 25 years to put these animals down.

Posts: 2226 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read after he screamed he began to thrash around which raised the question did the cocktail make him do that. Guess we will never know!!

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I know it's expensive for the government but I'm good with 25 years.

I wish they have a calendar visible to them on the number of days though. like 927 days left, 926 days left...

Yep.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19658 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that keeping them incarcerated for extended periods awaiting their fate is cruel and unusual punishment. Deliver the sentence of the judge and jury of their peers in a prompt and orderly fashion. Perhaps this should be argued before the Supreme Court. Two years should be more than ample time to find any new evidence to reverse the conviction with all the technology available today.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2890 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post