SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is a good iOS mail app???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is a good iOS mail app??? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
I would like a single app that pulls yahoo, google, and outlook.

I have always used the Apple mail app with no issues. About 2 months ago it started becoming crazy slow with yahoo just kind of figured my old SE was slowing it down.
Now I have the 8 and all three email providers pull up ridiculously slow. I see the little spinner thing for a good 15-20 seconds anymore. Heaven forbid a picture is part of the email and we’re close to a minute.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25411 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
That shouldn't happen. You may get your problem solved here, if not take your 8 to the Genius Bar or your carrier. I've never had that happen with any iPhone.

Posts: 18046 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
That shouldn't happen. You may get your problem solved here, if not take your 8 to the Genius Bar or your carrier. I've never had that happen with any iPhone.

Has been happening with my old phone and new so doubt it is a hardware issue.

————————————————

Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Try the Microsoft Outlook app, I've been using it since it came out.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/ap...k/id951937596?mt%3D8

Try adding just your gmail account to the Outlook app first to see if it loads quickly or not.

I'm not totally sure about the Yahoo support in Outlook since I don't use yahoo but exchange/outlook.com/gmail all work for me.

*as a side note, iOS 11.2.2 update was just released and I installed last night & haven't had any issues with the Outlook app.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lovin' the P7
Picture of Tim335
posted Hide Post
I use Outlook for iOS and really like it. I liked it even more once I figured out how to sync my Outlook desktop calendar with the phone. The mail was easy to sync, but it took a few extra steps to make the calendar work. But now, both mail and calendar work perfectly between the phone and my desktop (and laptop, too).

I use it for my ISP email, Gmail and MSN mail accounts.

Posts: 3428 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: August 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure there's a 'Yahoo' app. Maybe try that one... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8870 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Outlook iOS app. I have several accounts on the same device with it and it works fine for me.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
I use Apple mail on a iPhone 5S to access iCloud mail, Gmail & Cox mail. All of those accounts are IMAP and seem to load fine for me. Pictures and attachments load quickly. I’m on iOS 11.2.2 and my carrier is Verizon.

You might want to double-check account settings and make sure they’re optimized for each mail account. If my old 5S can handle it your new 8 should fly though it.

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I'm not an Apple phone guy, but I use an app called TypeApp on my Samsung. I can tie multiple addresses to it. May be worth a look.

God bless America.

Posts: 13487 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
I'm pretty sure there's a 'Yahoo' app. Maybe try that one... Wink

Except it won’t do the gmail or outlook account I don’t think.

————————————————

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Why is Apple Mail so slow in iOS?

Posts: 18046 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
3 or 4 times, I've had issues with mail that were all fixed by deleting the accounts and resetting them up. May or may not be of any help in your case but worth a shot maybe.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have yahoo, 2 gmail, hotmail, iCloud, and att mail all coming into Apple mail with no problem.

Maybe you have a large amount of emails stored up and have a memory issue? I have a couple of thousand active emails and a couple thousand in archive.

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yahoo is not playing nice with the latest iOS update. I believe it’s so they can push their own app to be used. It’s the only one that’s been given me trouble across 5 email accounts

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
Yahoo is not playing nice with the latest iOS update. I believe it’s so they can push their own app to be used. It’s the only one that’s been given me trouble across 5 email accounts

I thought the same awhile back and actually posted about it because yahoo was the only one I was having issues with and it started about the time I was getting an email from yahoo almost daily saying I was not using their app.
I was going on an SE then, now I am on a brand new 8 and yahoo, gmail, and an outlook account all do it rather frequently.

————————————————